12. Part-timer in the stable

"Stupid! Asshole! Cheater!" Jungkook was yelling at himself while throwing stones he had found on the beach into the dark waves, his whole body trembling like by a fever

"What are you doing! Damn!" he crouched down closing his hand on a bigger stone feeling it's sharp edges digging into his skin, watching the letter J tattooed on his finger.

Was he out of mind to even think about kissing the waiter boy. Why?

"I'm so sorry Jimin, so sorry," Jungkook felt tears leaving his eyes while looking up into the sky.

Was it the tiredness of being lonely for so long, of doing everything possible to still and put out all his body needs. Was it the heat of the moment, the boy's pretty eyes watching him for too long, the comfortable talk. Was it, his heart betraying him, betraying his one and only love.

Jungkook got up caressing over the stone. How many times had he wished to kill himself, to just end this peril, why was he continuing it anyway.

"Even if one day my song will fade you have to carry on, and continue to write your own symphony," Jimin's soft whisper sounded in his head woken up from his memories.

Jungkook could recall it all, the warmth on Jimin's skin, his scent and taste, the sound of his words. The days when they were inseparable, the nights when they were dissolving into just pleasure, the dance class when Jungkook was sitting next to a wall watching Jimin presenting a perfectly trained stage performance while lifting his shirt to expose those damn hot abs.

Jungkook could only stare like hypnotized, so lost in his feelings and the madness of that insane force drawing him to Jimin.

"Are you the new boy, I'm let's say the most popular guy at school, wanna join my clique?" The flirty glitters in Jimin's eyes when he had approached him during his first week in the art school.

Jungkook just nodded allowing that handsome boy to take his hand and kidnap him to a cafeteria table, as he has never been in love before, never met anyone who's presence was doing such things to him, even though he has never fitted into Jimin's world, into his clique.

Those rich spoiled kids who had all they could wish for and more, what produced such people as Hoseok, Jungkook's whole body tensed at the memory of Jimin's best friend.

If he ever meets him again, he won't hesitate a second. The hate giving release to his guilt and pain.

Jungkook was rather thinking about the worst moments in his life than the moment in the kitchen when he had leaned it in almost closing the distance between his and Taehyung's lips.

"I have to be in the stable! Amethyst needs me!" Jovi was shouting through the house so Jungkook stopped in the living room.

He was about to go for a walk, as returning to the restaurant for training hasn't been an option, not after the sleepless night, the pain his yesterday's action was still causing.

"Do you think I will allow you to fail the most important exam this year because of some stupid horse!" now it was uncle yelling.

Jovi's sobs filled the room, Jungkook's heart almost breaking, he loved his baby cousins deeply, they were too precious.

"Just go upstairs and keep learning," uncle pointed towards the stairs.

"Um... uncle, may I?" Jungkook slipped into the living room stopping behind Jovi wrapping his arms around the crying boy.

"Jungkook it's not you business," uncle frowned.

A door behind them banged and Jungkook glanced behind quickly, a moment later the two labradors were storming the house barking loudly.

"Um... uncle maybe I can take over Jovi's shift in the stable today, so he won't get in trouble. I know keeping this pocket money is really important for him."

Uncle Namjoon sighed, he was looking from his son to Jungkook considering something hard again.

"Ok, ok, just go. And you Jovi back to your books."

The boy nodded freeing himself off Jungkook's arms running upstairs.

"Thank you uncle, it means a lot to me that I can help you and your children out," muttered Jungkook, but received only a bad glance from uncle so he ran outside grabbing his jacket from the hanger.

The weather still wasn't really good, this summer didn't like them much.

Jungkook was walking quickly hoping the stable work won't be too difficult, he definitely needed to ask someone there for advice.

Fortunately the stable wasn't far from uncle's house, so just fifteen minutes later he was inside glancing around unsure how to even find this horse called Amethyst.

"Jovi how's school I've heard you have a difficult exa..."

Jungkook felt like hit when he noticed Taehyung, who dropped the bucket he had been holding at his sight.

"Um... Jovi needs to learn so I came to do his work," muttered Jungkook rubbing the backside of his neck awkwardly.

"Ok," Taehyung lifted the bucket disappearing in a box.

Jungkook was hot and cold, was it some curse, why were they meeting everywhere. That village was small, but not that small.

There was no one else to ask for help here, though, what Jungkook has discovered after walking up and down the whole stable so he stopped at the box were Taehyung as braiding up the mane of an impressive black horse.

"Sorry for disturbing but could you tell my what to do, Jovi didn't have time to tell," Jungkook rubbed his sweaty hands against his pants trying to sound as dry and confident as possible.

Taehyung sighed loudly patting the horse.

Thank you so much for your love. Did you like the chapter? What do you think about Jungkook being so harsh towards himself and him meeting Taehyung in the stable? Will they be able to communicate after the almost kiss?

Much <3