8. Deal

It felt odd, cold and unfitting

It felt odd, cold and unfitting. Taehyung scooped a step back.

"And who is your friend?" Soyeaon eyed Jungkook up and down with interest.

"This is Jungkook," Taehyung was so tense, coming here really wasn't a good idea. "We were just going to the boys, have a pleasant evening," he nodded to Soyeaon grabbing Jungkook's sleeve, pulling him between the crowd towards a far table where Jin was presenting something causing all the other restaurant workers to cry from laughter.

"Taehyung!" Gwooguon waved his way.

Chef Kim scooped back on the bench making enough space for him to sit down.

Jungkook stopped at the table awkwardly, he seemed a bit lost.

"Drink with us!" Jin handed Jungkook a beer the man took hesitantly. "Taehyung you need to ask Mr. Yoongi for his best wine personally," Jin laughed.

"I'm fine," Taehyung took an empty cup tapping it against the table top nervously.

"I challenge you to get Mr. Yoongi to give us one of his best wines!" yelled Jin when everyone around the table clapped, even Jungkook was applauding shyly.

"That..." Taehyung found himself at a los of words, especially as his coworkers began to chant "Dare!" so loudly most of the people were turning their way.

"Ok, ok, just shut up," Taehyung sighed getting up tossing Jungkook one quick glance before walking towards the building. "Where is he by the way?" he turned to Jin.

"In the billiard room inside."

Taehyung was cursing innerly walking past some drunken guys and girls from his class, it was good final exams had passed and they didn't need to see each other everyday anymore. The stairs in the town's culture center were taken by some kissing couples, Taehyung was trying his best to ignore, as that sight was waking up a surpassed longing. How did a kiss taste, he decided to not to break his head about it tonight hurrying up towards the room where him and the boys were meeting on weekends to play, drink, joke around, speak about future, dreams and dating.
Taehyung stopped at the door taking a long breath in before knocking.

"In," Yoongi's low voice was like music, really, Taehyung found himself so weak again slipping inside closing the door carefully before bowing 90 degrees.

"Mr. Yoongi."

"Taehyung, what brings you here?" Yoongi was playing with himself, there was a half empty whiskey bottle on the table top behind him.

"The workers had said all drinks tonight are on the house, but I don't want to take any advantage of your generosity, so I came to double check," muttered Taehyung hoping it's not as awkward as it sounds, at least not for Mr. Yoongi.

To his surprise his boss only chuckled.

"You're something," Yoongi shook his head. "Grab a cue."

"Excuse me?"

"Grab a cue I need a contender," Yoongi reached for the whiskey glass. "For your well-being Taehyung," he dark the cheers when Taehyung took a cue hesitantly.

Was it wise to be up here all alone with his crush? When he had left Jungkook down there with total strangers, but Yoongi leaned above the table potting a ball, missing the next one.

"Your turn," he muttered.

Taehyung leaned in, but his hands were trembling so hard he could barely hold the cue, his mind producing images of him pressing Mr. Yoongi to that table kissing him deeply, lifting their shirts. He potted a ball accidentally when Yoongi clapped.

"You're good Taehyung, come drink with me," Yoongi reached for the whiskey bottle.

"Mr. Yoongi I don't drink whiskey, I... prefer wine," whispered Taehyung trying his best to focus on the green table top only.

"I see, which one would you like to try then?"

"Queen Mary 4, red, half bitter, lost during World War II, transported on a ship towards the West Coast, but a heavy storm brought the ship to a stop at Busan harbor. A box has been won by a smuggler. The four bottles that had stayed in Korea are said to be the only four left, as no one has found out if the container has ever reached America. The legend is saying that the kind of grapes it's made of can not be found anymore, so a sip of Queen Mary 4 is like the flavor of a past epoch, the taste of a lifetime." Taehyung was potting the balls with calmness while speaking.

He looked up to see something burning in Yoongi's eyes.

"Let's say, if you win I can allow you to try a glass of that wine."

"Excuse me, w-what!" Taehyung almost screamed.

"New round," Yoongi began to take the balls out of the pots ordering them on the table.

He was definitely drunk other than that he would have never agreed to open his most precious wine, one he could buy thirty restaurants like that for.

"Are you brave enough to take my deal?" Asked Yoongi stretching his hand out.

"What if I loose?"

"You'll stay late and shrub the dishes every Monday, Friday and Saturday," Yoongi grinned.

Was it worth to risk such an effort but from the other had it was a once in a lifetime offer.

"Deal," Taehyung stretched his hand out to shake Yoongi's hand, holding his boss's fingers a tiny bit longer, at least this one time.

Thank you so much for your love, I hope you enjoyed the chapter. What do you think about Taehyung making a deal with Yoongi? Will he win Yoongi's most precious wine?

Also all my prayers go to Yoongi, I hope he will get better soon 😢💜

Much <3