17. Surprise date

His boss crossed his arms storming back to the office intending to slam the door into Taehyung's face, but the boy ran inside behind him

"Mr. Yoongi I wanted to apologize and to explain. I really really need this job. It's my only chance to go to college. Please, I will never ever do it again and I am deeply sorry. I had a crush on you since forever, but I should have never had... I should have kept it to myself. I'm regretting my action. I know you probably never want to see me again but I need this job, it's this or staying here forever and I can't have that. There's nothing for me here, no future. I always dreamt to study microbiology and I have worked my ass off for the final exams. I have passed and received a place in a prestigious university but to afford living in the capital and the tuition fee I need this job here. Please. Mr. Yoongi, I will do everything, take over shifts for free, wash the dishes each night, just please don't fire me," Taehyung was trembling, his voice cracked.

Mr. Yoongi was silent watching him in an indecipherable way.

"Is that all you have to say?" he asked.

"Yes," Taehyung was close to tears.

"The door is that way," Mr. Yoongi leaned against his desk when Taehyung bowed low walking outside taking in long breaths.

Of course there was no way Mr. Yoongi would ever forgive him that.

The way downstairs was oblivious, Taehyung's legs wobbly, his head in another state.

"Taehyung what happened?" Gwooguon ran his way grabbing him under the arm.

Maybe he was indeed about to faint.

"Mr. Yoongi has been extra harsh on you for being late, right?" Jin grinned hurrying to the kitchen for an order.

"Taehyung speak," Gwooguon was still holding him.

"Taehyung!" Yoongi's voice suddenly sounded right behind him. "Why are you staying around here, the guests need to be served, grab your apron and off to work."

Taehyung turned around looking at his boss who had a meaningful smirk plastered on his face.

"Mr. Yoongi," protested Taehyung loudly.

Really, to put him through hell and back, that man.

Mr. Yoongi winked to Gwooguon who began to squeal happily.

"You see he isn't even mad, you're his favorite worker."

The blushes storming to Taehyung's face were severe, maybe if it hasn't been for the age difference and Patricia him and Yoongi would have had a real chance.

"Thank you so much Mr. Yoongi, I will never be able to repay you for you kindness," Taehyung bowed again.

Yoongi shook his head disappearing upstairs, so Taehyung hurried to the stuff room for his apron, his heart almost bursting from happiness. He will need to something special to thank Jungkook later, but why did his stupid mind filled with everything naughty? Sigh.

"Jungkook you have a guest!"

"What?" Jungkook rubbed the sleep off his eyes glancing around the attic.

What time was it? Definitely way to early? Why was uncle wake him up? Was there a guest? What guest?

"Coming!" Jungkook groaned sitting up fixing his messy hair.

He will need to take a proper shower before facing some guests.

Was is someone important? Maybe the curator to check on him, if he's still good enough to be out of jail.

Jungkook sighed rubbing his face, collecting some clothes out of his backpack then storming to the first floor to take an almost cold shower to wake up.

His mirror reflection was showing a boy with nose long, a little bit ticklish dark hair and a tired expression. There was Yun's dark green rubber-band lying on the shelf so Jungkook picked it up tying his curls into a messy bun.

"This should make," he muttered towards his reflection tying the white shirt up.

If it indeed was the curator he needed to look neat and nicely.

"I'm here," Jungkook fell into the living room minutes later.

"Took him long enough," uncle raised his brow towards the person sitting at the dining table above a steaming tea cup and Jungkook's heart jumped rapidly at the sight of Taehyung.

"Are you going out with someone?" Taehyung's gaze slipped down his outfit when Jungkook became all shy.

"Thought it's someone from Delinquent's school or some officials checking on me," he muttered staring at his boots.

Uncle and Taehyung both exchanged meaningful chuckles.

"He's extra cute," whispered Taehyung getting up thanking Namjoon for the tea.

"Um... why are you here," Jungkook was still investigating uncle's photo collection instead of looking at the boy.

"We're going for a walk, I have an almost free day, just the evening shift," Taehyung was walking towards the front door swiftly when Jungkook caught uncle's amused gaze.

"I didn't have breakfast," he whispered.

"Packed some nice snacks my mum has prepared," Taehyung grinned confidently storming outside.

"I... will be back," Jungkook hurried out of the house to see Wind proudly standing on the lawn trying to taste some of uncle's sunflowers.

"Jump up," Taehyung pointed at the horse.

"What? I... I'd rather walk," Jungkook put the jacket on over the nice shirt.

Why was Taehyung here so early in the morning with some weird idea?

"Have you spoken to Mr. Yoongi?" asked Jungkook remembering their conversation from a few days ago.

He hasn't been outside the house since, too caught up in grief and heartbreak, in missing Jimin, in giving himself a hard time because of the wild imaginations of him kissing Taehyung, which were coming back from time to time.

"Just jump up, Wind is the calmest horse," Taehyung was still grinning.

Thank you so much for your lovely feedback. What do you think about Taehyung apologizing to Yoongi and Yoongi's reaction? How will Tate's surprise date for Jungkook go?

Much <3