54. Past and dreams

Taehyung was standing like frozen watching until Yoongi's car disappeared behind the horizon, then he felt Jungkook's palm on his waist bringing him back to hear and now

Maybe him and Jungkook weren't that different, one still into Jimin the other crushing hopelessly on Mr. Yoongi. Taehyung chuckled shaking his head.

"Let's go," he said pecking Jungkook's lips then walking to his patents and brother to hug them goodbye.

His throat was scratching but he wasn't crying yet, sitting in the car fastening the seatbelt, starting the engine.

They were waving to his family as long as they could see them in the back mirrors, Taehyung's heart so strangely empty, even though it was his dream that new life awaiting him there.

"May I see what Yoongi has given to you?" Asked Jungkook playing with the gift box.

"Sure," Taehyung was concentrating on the road watching the sun setting behind the lighthouse, the glittering in the ocean, he took the longer way as he wanted to see it and the stable one more time.

"It's some wine," said Jungkook when Taehyung chuckled. Of course Mr. Yoongi knew him so well, and knowing Yoongi's taste it was definitely a great one.

"What's the name?" Asked Taehyung still watching the lighthouse becoming smaller and smaller on the horizon.

"Queen Mary 4," said Jungkook when Taehyung slammed the breaks stopping the car abruptly.

"What! No way!"

"Is it that wine?" Asked Jungkook.

"Yes! That... is impossible," Taehyung took the bottle investigating it from all sides but it was unmistakably the original one.

"Mr. Yoongi must really have a secret crush on you and I can't blame him, you're totally kissable," Jungkook winked leaning in to peck his cheek when Taehyung was still staring at the bottle not able to believe he has received the taste of a lifetime.

"I'm glad that you came."

Jungkook was still holding Taehyung hand when he sat down behind the round table in a cafe not far from his old school were Hoseok had been waiting for him.

Jungkook had been living in the city for a week now when Hoseok had called him proposing a meeting and Taehyung was stubborn enough to convince him to go.

Jungkook's insides twisted with guilt at the sight of Hoseok's disabled hand he was trying to hold a straw with, but failed, so he just used his healthy one to place it into the coffee.

"I've heard from your uncle you have moved back here," Hoseok sent him a smile, Jungkook was admiring his courage to be here with him, maybe it was just because of Taehyung, who was squeezing his hand like crazy.

"Yes I moved in with Tae," muttered Jungkook, "Tae is studying microbiology."

"Would you like to continue studying in the art school?" Asked Hoseok so suddenly.

"B... d... th..." Jungkook couldn't find any words.

"I spoke to my parents and they contacted the principal, he is ready to allow you to pick up from where you have stopped."

Jungkook opened his mouth then closed it again.

"I... can't."

"Why?" Hoseok's eyes rested on him.

"They all think I'm dangerous and a freak. They... besides... you should hate me. I have ruined your life, your whole future... I..." Jungkook's jaw began to tremble when Taehyung's grip tightened on his hands.

"We both made mistakes, we both lost Jimin, but we can leave the past behind the door and restart from here," Hoseok stretched his healthy hand his way when Jungkook's eyes widened.

"Hoseok... I... I'm so sorry for what I have done. I'm not worthy, I should have died not an angel like Jimin,"

He heard Taehyung sighing loudly so he swallowed the tears looking up at Hoseok.

"Jungkookm I think you should continue school, it's a good idea," said Taehyung.

Jungkook took a loud breath in, Hoseok was still holding his hand up for a handshake so he touched his fingers hesitantly letting go just a second later.

"Why do you want to help me?" Asked Jungkook seriously.

Hoseok looked at his own reflection in the cafe window they were close to.

"That's at last something I can do for Jimin. Jimin would have wanted the best possible future for you, I know it and... I want to get rid of the past so I can finally sleep without nightmares, so I can finally stop being afraid of you," Hoseok turned back.

Jungkook lowered his head, of course it was repeating in dreams, so he wasn't the only one suffering from it coming back on replay.

"What about your dance?" Asked Jungkook.

"I have two working legs and a working hand, I spoke to the doctors and teachers and they are all supporting me, so I will continue pursuing my dream of becoming a choreographer, nothing changed."

There was so much hope and power in Hoseok's eyes Jungkook was surprised, he suddenly felt ashamed of himself being such a mess while having all opportunities still open.

Thank you so much for your feedback and love. What do you think about Mr. Yoongi's gift for Taehyung and Hoseok's idea? Will Jungkook agree to go back to art school?

Much <3