Back Home

"Do you have to go back?" Crawford asks as he helps me pack. I turn to see him pouting.

"You're adorable, but you pouting will not make me stay. I don't want to go either but Nik wants me all of us under one roof. I'll visit every day." He nods as he wraps me in a hug.

"You better, or I'll have to go get you from the Quarter. No matter if Marcel's rules stand." I nod into his chest. "I promise."

I back away from him to look up at him. I lean in to kiss him. He kisses me back and we back away from each other. "Alright. I'll see you tomorrow."

He nods at me. "Be careful, Kara." He winks at me as I smile at him. "Always an, Darling."

—————————————

I walk inside the compound to see Rebekah and Hayley looking through old chests.

"Are we throwing me a welcome home party?" I tease as they smile at me. They both stand to walk over to me.

"It's good to have you home, big sister." I smile as Rebekah hugs me. "It's good to be here, little sister." Hayley bounces over to me as Rebekah lets me go.

"I missed you so much." I hug her back just as tight. I pull away to place my hand on her tummy. "How's my niece doing?" She nods at me.

"She amazing." I smile at her belly as I drop my bags. We all kneel down as I can hear Marcel and Nik rambling about Davina leaving.

"So the witch is missing, huh?" I ask them. Rebekah nods at me as she's looking through the chests once more.

"Walked right out of the front door, apparently. Know anything about it?" I barely glance over at Hayley to see her so the same to me then look at Rebekah.

"No, although I did tell her that the witch Elders were dead." I nod in agreement as I look through the chests.

"Well, why would she care, when the witches tried to kill her in their ritual?" I look at Rebekah as I stand.

"I think it was more that Marcel didn't tell her that the one thing preventing her from being free had been eliminated." Hayley tells her. I completely agree with Hayley.

"So you are the reason she's run off." Rebekah assumes. I look at her and shake my head.

"Bex, we don't go around pointing fingers. Even I did it to the boys, that's besides the point." I scold her. Bex simply smiles at me as Hayley holds her hands up in defense.

"Hey, I was just telling her the truth. She's the one who realized they were just using her to keep their control over the witches." I point at Hayley because she has a point.

I look at Rebekah and she looks at both Hayley and I. "Yeah well, I've never been a fan of the boys club. Just wait, Elijah will join them and the three of them will be impossible."

We all look up at Marcel and Nik who are muttering between themselves.

"Used by the witches, lied to by Marcel, manipulated by Elijah, threatened by Klaus. Just like a modern-day Casket Girl." Rebekah says out loud. I stare at her with sympathy. I should've been with her when they were here 300 years ago.