Mikael

I opened my eyes and noticed I was in the Bayou but in the woods.

I walked and then I saw Crawford facing away from me. "Crawford, where is everyone?"

He didn't turn around so I walked closer. I smelt blood.

"Crawford, are you hurt?" I tune him around but he falls and I look at him.

He has a whole in his chest with his heart ripped out.

"Hello, my little dove." A chill goes down my spine as I look up and see Mikael with Crawford's heart in his hands. I scream as he bites into it and smirks at me.

———————————————

"Kara, wake up. It's a bad dream." I hear Crawford's voice and I hug him tightly.

"You're okay. I'm okay. We're okay" I try to control my breathing.

He's okay. I have him
—————————————

I decided to get up and get dressed because I am going to Father Kieran's wake today with Hayley.

We got to Rousseau's. We walked over to Nik and Elijah sitting at a table.

"I will warn you, girls , Niklaus is in a spectacularly foul mood today." Elijah tells us.

"Sod off." Nik tells him as he downs his drink.

Hayley looks at Nik. "What's the deal with these moonlight rings? Oliver's trying to set a revolution every five seconds. People are scared, angry, and frankly, I'm tired of stalling."

I nod in agreement with her.

"It's a day of peace, Hayley. Try and enjoy it. And, in the meantime, with all manner of unknown enemies conspiring against our family, you'll both move back in with us." Nik tells us.

"Awesome! Then, we can do that thing where you lock me in the tower, I escape, there's drama, and then you two both realize I'm very capable of looking after myself." Hayley laughs sarcastically.

"I'm a tribrid, Nik. I can gladly take care of myself and Hayley out in the Bayou."

Nik looks at us with frustration. "The rings are in progress. I will live up to my word. We will find and punish whoever launched the attack on the Bayou, and you will return to the compound for your own safety!"

Hayley and I sigh and roll our eyes.

"But, right now." He picks up the bottle of scotch.

"I'm gonna finish this bottle and the next, in the hopes of drowning the demon who has chosen today to haunt me." He looks up at the ceiling then chugs from the bottle.

"Cheers, Mikael. Impeccable, Freudian timing."

I tense up at the name and I notice so does Elijah.

"Elaborate."

"Yes, Nik. Please do."

I feel Hayley look at all of us with concern.