Family is a Pain

I speed to where I usually meet Crawford and see him waiting for something. He looks up and rushes over to me.

"I heard what happened, are you okay?" He looks at the blood on me.

"Crawford, I'm fine. I've already healed." I hold his face in my hands. "Who stabbed you?"

I look at Jackson. "Jack! I forgot it's a full moon." I run over and hug him.

I pull back and look a Crawford. "You remember the guy from Mystic Falls?" His jaw clenches

"He showed up and stole Hayley from the plantation house but we saved her, she's perfectly fine." Both Crawford and Jackson nod at me.

"I have to go, Nik thinks that all of us are not going to be on his side. I'm the only one who's been on his side."

Crawford comes over to hug me. "If you need us, just call me. I'm always here for you."

I look up at him and kiss his cheek. "I promise. I have a feeling that Rebekah is back and plotting something with Marcel."

Crawford kisses my forehead and I walk away. "Be careful, Kara."

I turn to face him and smile. "I always am, Darling."

I speed to the house and hear Cami's voice.

"What's the point? You just repeat the same thing over and over again. Rebekah's out to get you. Elijah's out to get you. Kara's out to get you, which is don't believe! Is there anyone who isn't plotting your downfall? I doubt you trust your own reflection."

I smirk at Cami. I knew I liked her.

"You know, if the daggers weren't missing, I would put one in each of their hearts. Rid myself of the burden of my siblings for a couple of centuries."

I walk into the room with my arms crossed over my chest. "You know, Nik...here I thought you already knew I'd be on your side."

Nik looks at me with guilt. Cami smiles at me. I wink at her and walk over to Nik. "Always & Forever may mean little to our siblings, I thought we would uphold our end to each other?"

I don't give him the chance to say anything as I hug him. He hugs me back.

"Always & Forever, Flower."

Cami left after Nik pissed her off once more. "You know, I see the way you look at her. You like her, Nik."

He smiles sadly at me. "She's too good for me, Flower. But now that we are on the topic, who's Crawford?"

I blush a bit and smile at him. "He's a Crescent wolf, I saved one night. We've formed a friendship."

His face turns cold. "Feelings for another wolf, Kara! Are you that delusional? The one you had a small fling within Mystic Falls, quite literally stabbed you in the back earlier, and you want to take your chances with this-this Night Crawler?"

I look at Nik baffled.

"Delusional? Are you bloody kidding me!? You really think that all wolves are like your stinking hybrid who stabbed me to hurt you, if I may add. Crawford is different! He actually cares about me. I have never been close to any guy due to the fact that I don't want to be Rebekah, who destroyed every ounce of happiness our sister came close to. I pledged my loyalty to you, Nik! I swore off falling for anyone in the past century because I was always the one who was going to continue to be by your side, even after daggering me!"