Business Problems

I had woken up later than normal because Crawford and Nikolai were nowhere to be found.

I saw a outfit laid out for me with a note on top.

Didn't want to wake you after last night. I have Nikolai, come down whenever you're ready

Crawford <3

I smile and change into the outfit. I walk downstairs to see Nik talking to Hayley, Jack, and Crawford while Nikolai is in his arms.

"It's time to use our werewolf army. Finn and the woman who calls herself my sister are in this city. The wolves can help us pinpoint their location." Nik tells them.

I walk over and place my hand on Crawford's shoulder.

He turns and smiles. He kisses my forehead and hands me Nikolai.

"No, we need all hands on deck here with Hope and Nikolai." Nik's eyes widen in annoyance.

"I think you can compel humans to track your enemies." Jackson tells him.

"Do my ears deceive me? Or did you just give me an order? In my own home?" Nik proceeds.

I go sit down on a couch and cover myself with a blanket to feed Nikolai.

"This ain't about your ego, Klaus! It's about what's best for that little girl and that little boy!" Jackson argues.

"How dare you question my intentions for my daughter and my nephew!" Nik shouts furiously.

"Jack, Klaus is right. Finn's body disappeared from the morgue, which means that he's either powerful enough to heal from that explosion, or Freya's powerful enough to save him. Either way, we're not finding them unless we... send our best people out there." Hayley reluctantly says.

Jack sighs in frustration.

"I'm sure you and all your merry men will find them post haste." Nik taunts.

"Nik!" I shout.

Jackson stands to his feet eye to eye with Nik.

"Just to be clear, I'm giving this order because Hayley is asking."

Nik goes to say something but Jackson beats him to it.

"Don't think for one second that I take orders from you."

I smirk at Jackson. He's definitely the alpha.

———————————————

I was walking around with Nikolai as I told Crawford to go out and find Finn and our sister Freya.

I stopped as I heard Jackson and Aiden talking.

Then I heard Nik.

"Surprising how little he values your input. Especially since it was you who led the wolves during his self-imposed exile."

"What do you want, Klaus?"

"Merely to offer advice that may save the lives of the good men. My brother Finn is not entirely sane, but he is clever. If you approach him en masse, he will see you coming, and he will destroy you en masse. Instead, be strategic. Move quietly. I'll handle the rest."

I heard footsteps walk away.

I kept walking so it would look like I just passed by.

"Kara!" I turn to see Aiden walking to us.

"Aiden. There is someone I want you to meet." I turn so Aiden can look at Nikolai.

"He's so handsome." He rubs his cheek.

"Thank you. Nikolai Jackson, this is your Uncle Aiden."

Aiden smiles at both of us.

" I would love to stay but we have to go out to look for your brother and sister."

I nod as he gives me a side hug.

"Please, be careful."

———————————————

I was in the compound with Nikolai asleep in my arms until Hope's cries woke him.

"It's okay, my little one. Your cousin is having a hard time adjusting." I whisper.

"Everything okay?" Crawford asks as he comes through the door.

"He's perfect. I think Hope is having a hard time right now."

I hear a knock and we turn to see Jackson holding Hope.

"Can you guys keep her for a bit?" He huffs out.

I laugh at how out of breath he is.

Crawford walks over to grab her.

"We're taking them on a walk while you guys take care of business. Have fun!" I say loud enough for both of them to hear me.

———————————————

I laid Nikolai in his crib as I heard Hayley's voice in the hall.

"You do what you need to do to keep her safe, Klaus. I'll do the same. But if you ever, ever use her to try to manipulate me again, it will be the last time that you see either of us." She says.

I hear her footsteps recede. I open Nikolai's nursery door.

"You know, big brother. You may want to dial it down on telling her how to use her pack. You're not killing Jackson, and their pack is not your pack." I tell him.

He goes to open his mouth.

"If you're going to say something hurtful, keep it to yourself. Come here, say goodnight to your nephew."

————————————————

I left the nursery door open a bit as I laid in bed next to a sleepy Crawford.

"You know, we lost Jerick today." He says with his eyes closed.

"I'm sorry, my love." I kiss his hand.

"Aiden played it smart. We could've lost more of us. I'm just glad Finn is taken care of." He pulls me into his chest.

"We're gonna be alright." I whisper as I drift to sleep.