Bex is Home

Learning spells has drained me. I walk out of my room and see Hayley in her room. "Hey, I'm getting a snack, you need anything?" She shakes her head at me.

"Why are you and Elijah the only nice ones?" I laugh as I start on mixing eggs. "I promise you that we aren't nice to everyone. In fact, a very long time ago Kol-" I stopped as she looked at me with a sad smile.

"You don't have to tell me about it, I'm thankful you are the girl I can talk about everything with. I need it." I smile at her. "Hayley, no matter what Nik says. You are apart of this family now, and not just because of the baby. You're a Mikaelson."

I left Hayley in her room. I walked downstairs and didn't hear Nik or Elijah. I wonder where those two are. I froze at someone walking up the front steps.

"Elijah, if not answering your phone is part of your clever plan to get me back to this godforsaken city, then well done. I'm here, and I'm worried. Now pick up before I kick in your bloody door." I hear Bex at the front door.

"Who the hell are you?" I hear Hayley ask her. "Oh, you must be the maid. My bags are in the car – get them, will you?" I roll my eyes as I walk to the foyer. Hayley puts down an iron rod.

"Hello. Not the maid." I stand at the bottom of the stairs and cross my arms. "Rebekah, always lovely to see you little sister. I mean last time I saw you, you tried to dagger Kol and I.

She ignores me and looks at Hayley's stomach. "Klaus, knocked up. I was expecting to see some kind of supernatural, miracle baby bump. Guess you're not showing yet. It's Hayley, isn't it?" 

"You have your brother's manners." I stifle a laugh as Rebekah looks pissed. "And his temper, too, so watch it." I roll my eyes. "Calm down, little sister. I missed you." I walk over to her and hug her.

She hugs me back as we let go she looks between Hayley and I. "Where's Elijah?" I shake my head indicating I don't know either. "Beats me. He's long gone."

Bex looks at Hayley in confusion. "What do you mean, "long gone"?" Hayley sighs. "Well, one minute he and Kara were here making epic promises about protecting me in this predicament that a bottle of scotch and some bad decisions got me into – he was all poetic about how we're family – and then Klaus told me he bailed. Guess that's what I get for trusting a vampire." I shake my head at Hayley.

"Elijah is not just any vampire, and he doesn't break promises. Which means Niklaus has done something dastardly and Klaus-like. Klaus! Get out here and tell me what you've done with our brother, you narcissistic, back-stabbing wanker!" Rebekah yells at the house. Nik walks of the study.

"Enough with all the shouting. Little sister, I should have known. I assume the six dead vampires were your doing?" I look at Bex shocked.

"They were very rude." I pat her on the shoulder. "I taught you well." I move to stand next to Hayley as Rebekah explains what happened between her and the vampires.

"Trying to victimize a poor, innocent girl just trying to find her way to the Quarter. So sorry, were they friends of yours? Oh, that's right, you don't have any friends." I hear Hayley laugh at what Rebekah said. I nudge her side.

"I do have friends. I have Marcel. You remember him, don't you? Yes, of course you do. He fancies himself the 'King of the Quarter' now, and he has these rules about killing vampires. It'll be fun to see what sort of punishment he comes up with for you." Nik tells Rebekah.