Harvest? Like Food?

The next day Bex and I were waiting for Nik to return with Sophie so we could question her.

Nik speed in with Sophie and say her down on the couch.

"We had a deal! You protect my unborn child, I dismantle Marcel's army. And whilst I've been busy fulfilling my part of the bargain, you allowed Hayley to be attacked and almost killed by a gaggle of lunatic witches. Along with my sister!"

Sophie looked at me scared and I muttered an enchantment to calm her nerves a bit. She looked back at Nik.

"I had nothing to do with it, I swear. Hayley and I are linked, remember? She dies, I die." Sophie breathes.

Bex and I look at each other confused. "Then who were they?" I nod agreeing with the question.

"They are a faction of extremists. Sabine stupidly told them about some vision she had about the baby." I raise my eyebrows in suspicion.

"What kind of vision?" She sighs and looks between all three of us.

"She has them all the time. They are totally open to interpretation. I'm guessing she's wrong on this one." Sophie tells us.

Nik crosses his arms over his chest. "Well, how, may I ask, was this particular vision interpreted?"

"...Pretty much that your baby would bring death to all witches." Sophie tells Nik.

"Ah, well. I grow fonder of this child by the second."

I laugh at Nik and clap. "Just like her Auntie Kara."

Bex ignores Nik and I. "Sophie, look-- I promised Elijah that I would protect the Mikaelson miracle-baby whilst he tries to win your witch Davina's loyalty. Why don't you tell me just how extreme this faction is?"

Sophie looks at Bex in shock. "Elijah's talking to Davina?"

I nod at her. "Yeah. As we speak, I imagine. Why the shock?"

Sophie looks at me. "I'm guessing she'll have plenty to say about that crowd."

I shrug my shoulders. "I would too." Sophie goes to open her mouth but Nik interrupts her.

"Do tell." He smirks at her intrigued. "I... wasn't always an advocate for the witches."

Sophie told us everything about a thing called a Harvest.

"What the bloody hell is a Harvest?" I nod at Bex. "Exactly. Are we talking food or?"

Sophie glares at me while Nik smiles. "It's a ritual our coven does every three centuries so that the bond to our ancestral magic is restored. We appease our ancestors, they keep our ancestral power flowing."

Nik's smile wipes off his face as Sophie talks. "And why haven't I heard of this?"

Sophie shrugs at him. "Because a Harvest always seemed like a myth. A story, passed on through generations like Noah's ark, or the Buddha walking on water. The kind some people take literally, and some people don't."

She tells us about the four young witches that were chosen. Davina being one of them.

"They had the girls of our community preparing for months. Four would be chosen for the Harvest. They said that it was an honor, that they were special. I thought it was a myth."