Heart to Heart

I ended up staying with Crawford and the wolves for awhile. "So Ms. Mikealson, what is your story, exactly?" Crawford asks me. I look at him and smile.

"What do you want to know?" He taps his chin with his finger like he is thinking of a question. "I want to know, with brothers like yours, have they ever killed one of your boyfriends?"

I laugh a bit and shake my head. "I've never had an actual relationship...I had a small thing with someone back in Virginia but he played me."

He looks at me with sympathy. "I really didn't care, I mean maybe there's a reason that I never have had a real relationship ." I look at him.

"Well screw the guy that played you. He hurt someone who has already been through a lot of crap, he just added to the pain."

I smile at him. "You know, for a wolf, you aren't a bad person."

"Well thank you, and on behalf of the Crescent Wolves, we all like you." He nods to the wolves and I look at them. They all nod and I smile.

"Thanks, guys, I think I like you more than my own family sometimes." Crawford laughs.

"Well just know, you always have a place with us. I mean that, Kara." I lean my head on Crawford's shoulder."

"Thank you." He leans his head on mine. My phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out and see that Bex is saying something is wrong with Hayley. I stand up.

"Something is wrong with Hayley! I need to go." Crawford stands and so do all the wolves. "I will text you if things get bad." He nods as I walk over to Jackson.

"Stay here, Jack. I promise I will come back to let you know she is safe." He rubs himself on my leg. I look at Crawford and he nods.

"Be careful, Kara."

I smirk at him. "I always am, Darling." I speed to the house.

I run up to Hayley's room. "What's going on?"

Bex looks at me and nods to Hayley. "She started having a fever and we are sure it is Sophie related."

"I swear I will murder those bloody witches-" I get interrupted by Elijah walking in with Sophie.

Bex and I look at Sophie then Elijah. "What the hell is she doing here?" I nod. "Yes, explain because I will not hesitate to murder her."

Sophie looks at me and Bex. "I'm just trying to help."

Anger is present on my face. " Help? You're the reason we're in this damn bloody mess! If I could use all my power to unlink her and you, I would've done it a long time ago then murdered you!

Elijah looks at me. "Kara, enough. Let her do what she can."

Sophie starts speaking. "I may know a way to slow the fever down. But, I'm gonna need some special herbs." She turns to Bex and me. I'll text you a list."

Elijah nods at us. I roll my eyes at him then walk out. "Fine. Happy to play the fetch girls."

Bex follows me and we head to Katie's shop.