Time & Time Again

Crawford had stayed at the Bayou while I decided to have a calming day to myself because our little boy is due very soon.

I ended up in an old abandoned cottage I found on the outskirts of the city.

"As much as I love you, my son. You sure are getting heavy." I speak to my belly.

I take a deep breath and look around. I had taken time to renovate this small cottage.

I rubbed my belly as I walked into the nursery. I sat on the rocking chair.

"Your Aunt Hayley and Uncle Jack get married tomorrow. You'll get to meet all of your family who would do nothing but protect you. Your Uncle Kol is my twin, I've always been close with him but I lost him for a little bit. I want to you to know that your Uncle Nik, Uncle Elijah, Uncle Jack, Aunt Hayley, Aunt Bex, and Uncle Kol will always love you. Mommy and Daddy will always be by your side for as long as we live. I love you my little witch." I smile at my belly.

I heard something hit the window.

I crouched down as far as I could. I sped over the door.

I opened it slowly. I saw a note on the doorstep. I stood up and grabbed it.

I walked back in and closed the door.

My sweet, sweet princess. I see that you've gotten yourself a husband and now a child. I'm happy you got that, but that's what we planned. I'll see you soon x

I dropped the note on the floor. I pick it up and burn it with the small amount of magic I have left.

I have no idea who wrote that but I needed to get out of here.

———————————————

I had walked into the compound to feel the energy was down.

"Do I want to know what happened?" I directed at my older brother.

"I'll tell you later. Are you alright? You look like you've seen a ghost." Nik asks me.

"I went the the cottage you helped me with and someone left a note on the door."

I snapped my fingers and the note appeared in my hand.

I handed it to Nik. As he reads it I watch his face.

"Who in the bloody hell would write this?" He asks me.

"Nik, I'm not sure. I haven't been romantically involved with anyone until Tyler." I grab the note from him and burn it again.

"Flower, we will take care of this. Finn found out that Hope is alive. Elijah and Cami are taking care of it so I need you to try and calm Hayley down."

I widen my eyes but nod. "I'll take care of her Nik."

————————————————

I walked up to Hayley's room to see her sitting on her bed.

"Hayls, can I come in?" I ask her.

She nods.

I go over and sit next to her.

"She'll be okay, Hayley. Elijah and Cami would never let Finn get anywhere near her." I rub her back while I place my head on her shoulder.

"I know, but she's my little girl. I'm going to worry regardless." She smiles then places her hand on my belly.

"How's this little guy doing?" I smile as she kisses it.

"He's doing alright. He's officially absorbed all of my magic so he is now half wolf, half witch. But as the due date is getting closer I feel really weird."

She smiles at me. "I'm glad Hope will have a cousin who can practice magic with her."

"It'll be real fun when I teach both of them all the spells." I laugh.

"You know, when I first met you, I never thought in a million years we would be sitting here talking about our kids together."

I laugh a bit. "Yeah, I thought we were just going to save you and visit you every so often. But I'm glad we stuck around."

"I am too." I hugged her and she hugged me back.

———————————————

I was laying in bed as Crawford walked through the door.

"Klaus told me what happened today." He sits next to me.

"Yeah, the note scared me. I have no idea who's watching me." i told him.

He held me in his arms.

"No matter who it is, I promise you I'll do everything to protect the two of you. You're my family, Kara Mikaelson-Kenner."

I nodded into his chest. "You're my family too, Crawford Kenner."