Where Is He?

Hayley and I decided to head over to get help from my brothers because Crawford, Jackson, and Ollie were supposed to be back this morning.

"Yes, brother, what is it?" Nik asks Elijah over the phone.

"It appears our wolves have gone astray, brother." Elijah tells him.

"They should have been back hours ago." Hayley cuts in.

"We need to find them." Elijah tells Nik.

"Well, that might be a bit tricky. You see, we've located their car on a back road in the middle of nowhere. I suspect they've been shanghai'd." Nik tells us.

"And you didn't feel the need to share this information?" I ask him.

"It was my intention to present you with a problem only after I had found an appropriate solution." Nik says.

"Do enlighten us." Elijah speaks.

"I'm closing in on it as we speak. The only person who would be bold enough to snatch my wolf allies is the one who has the most to lose." Nik tells us.

Elijah sighs. "Marcel."

Hayley and I look at each other with fear. "No, he'll kill them!" Hayley says fearfully.

"Genevieve assures me that Marcel has procured a cloaking spell. The only witch who will aid Marcel is Davina. I just need to get one last bit of leverage before I pay her a visit."

"And there it is." Nik hangs up.

——————————————

Elijah had left to go help Nik. I stayed at the compound with Hayley and Genevieve.

"Elijah should have called by now." Hayley says out loud.

"Worrying isn't going to help. You should sit down, try to keep calm." Genevieve tells her.

"What are you, now, magician slash zen-life-coach?" I ask her with a frown as I sit on the couch messing with my fingers.

"The treatment of pregnant women has advanced remarkably since I was a nurse, but even I know high blood pressure is bad for you, and your baby." Hayley sighs and sits next to me.

"Especially now, since you're so close to term." Hayley rolls her eyes.

"I hate this. I feel completely useless." Hayley tells her. I nod in agreement.

"Don't you get it? You're the point of all this. Klaus and Elijah running all over town?" She sighs. "It's all for you. I'm a bit envious. You too, Kara."

"Great. Lucky me." Hayley smiles sarcastically at Genevieve.

"Well, they've always done this for me. I'm their sister." I speak.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Genevieve asks us.

"How about a moonlight ring?" Hayley smiles.

Genevieve chuckles at her. "The spell can't be performed until the full moon reaches its apex. And, of course, I need the stones, which will be here soon enough. Have a little faith!"