Long Lost Sister

"Baby, I have to go help Hayley and Jack with training for our new abilities." I hear Crawford whisper.

"Go ahead, I'll stay here with Nikolai and my brothers, Lord knows what they're up to." I smile at him.

"Be careful. I love you both." He kisses my forehead and kisses Nik's baby cheek.

"We love you too." I rest my head back on the headboard.

Crawford left, as I finished getting ready, I heard a knock on the door.

"Sister, may I come in?" I hear Nik ask.

"Of course, Brother." Nik walked through the door and smiled at me.

"I'm happy to see you up, we have a guest coming over." He smiled.

"Who?" I wonder as I change Nikolai's diaper.

"The woman who claims to be our sister." He sighs.

"I'll be down in a bit." I nod at him.

I look down at Nikolai. "My love, this family just keeps getting bigger by day."

——————————————

Nik and I were waiting for Elijah. Elijah smiled as he saw Nikolai swaddled to my chest.

"There you are. Finally."

Elijah takes off his coat and hangs it up before walking over to us at the dining table.

"I was delayed." Elijah simply tells him.

Nik smiles. "Our guest of honor will be here momentarily."

Elijah looks at me unamused. I shrug my shoulders.

"Strange, our house is conspicuously absent of our lupine guests. I do hope it wasn't on my account." Elijah asks.

Nik laughs as I shake my head. "I sent Hayley and her poorly groomed husband off to spend the day with their werewolf brethren to test the limits of their new abilities. Leaving me to deal with family business as I see fit."

"Nik! Watch what you say, like it or not Crawford and Jackson are apart of this family. I will not have you talking down on Baby Nik's uncle." I scold him.

He smiles guiltily. "Sorry, sister."

"Niklaus, Rebekah's situation has taken a turn. We may need Freya's assistance. So, whatever you are planning here? Don't." Elijah tells him.

I sigh knowing Nik has something terribly stupid planned.

Nik rolls his eyes at Elijah. "All I'm planning is a simple chat with a long-lost relative. You yourself said to hear her out."

I laugh at Nik. "And you yourself said that would be idiocy."

Nik looks between Elijah and I amused. "Did I?"

Nik ponders like he doesn't remember saying it.

"Well, it does sound like me. Regardless, on the off-chance Freya has some information that could protect my daughter and nephew, I'd prefer she share it on my terms."