Wolves

We were walking through the bayou as Sophie was beyond annoyed with us for tagging along.

"So, this Harvest thingy—- tell me more." Bex asks Sophie.

"Klaus said to wait." Sophie tells Bex matter-of-factly.

"Yes. He also said to stay out of the bayou and yet here we are, amongst the crawly, buzzy creatures." I roll my eyes at Bex while Hayley stops.

"We're here." We stop at all the dead warlocks. I look over at Sophie who looks like she's going to hurl.

"Whoa." Hayley is looking at the ground and I walk over to see a huge paw print.

"Is that a wolf track?" I was going to answer Sophie until I heard branches breaking.

"Who's there?" Bex and I call out at the same time.

We see one of Marcel's informants. "What the hell? The Original Sisters?"

He looks frightened then speeds away. We all look at each other in shock.

Bex called Nik to tell him what happened. She hangs up and I look at her hopeful.

"I'm going to be a distraction. Take care of them, Kara." I nod at her then takes off.

"Are you going to help Sophie, Hayls?" I look at her.

"Yeah, go find him. I'll be fine." She smiles at me.

I smile at her and turn to walk into the woods.

"Mikaelson, I didn't expect you to be back so soon. Did you miss me?" Crawford comes from behind a tree.

"Don't flatter yourself, Kenner. I simply came to check on you and the wolves." I roll my eyes as I smirk at him.

"Ouch, Mikaelson. You hurt my feelings." He fakes pouts and I throw my head back in laughter.

"Well Kenner, I might have missed you. You'll never know though." I nudge him as we walk side by side.

"So, what made you come back, seriously?" He asks me and sticks his hands in his pockets.

"Sophie wanted to come and consecrate the dead warlocks. Hayley wanted to come see if she could find anymore of you. I tagged along because Hayley is family and because I wanted to see you again."

I play with my hands as I explain to him. He smiles down at me. "You're really protective over a girl who you just met."

I nod at him. "I feel like she's my daughter. I was once her and no one took care of me." I look away to avoid eye contact.

"What do you mean?" He stops me. He gets in front of me so I can't walk off.

I keep my eyes everywhere except for Crawford. "Kara, what did you mean?" He grabs my chin softly and makes me look up at him.

"No one knows this story, not even my siblings. What I'm about to tell you stays between us." I tell him seriously.

He nods and holds out his pinky. "Pinky promise." I latch mine onto his and he kisses his thumb.