La Fête des Bénêdictions

This morning I had woken up to help Eve and Hayley do some thing around the Bayou. Hayley was drinking tea and watching the new wolves.

"You've gotta be kidding me. Seriously, what is going on? Who are all these people? Why are they standing out here all weird and lurk-y?" She asks. I laugh a bit.

Eve smiles at her. "They've come from all over. All the packs."

Hayley looks at her confused. "Why? To see a baby that isn't even born yet?"

Ollie comes out. "Forget the baby. These freaks, they come here to see you. You know, given the place your parents held in pack hierarchy, maybe they think you're gonna be the long-lost werewolf messiah or something."

I roll my eyes at him. "Ollie, not freaks. We've talked about this."

"Great. No pressure or anything." Hayley tells him.

Ollie's phone rings and he walks away to answer it. "Don't listen to him Hayley. You're gonna do great."

—————————————

I was with Jackson, Ollie, Hayley, and Crawford. Elijah came to tell us about the party the witches wanted to throw.

"Your people are uniquely poised to set an example for the rest of the French Quarter. Which is why it's important for the wolves to attend." Elijah tells them.

"Thanks, but no thanks?" Hayley breathes.

Ollie sighs. "Let's hear the man out."

I look at him skeptically. Hayley turns to him.

"The witches are the ones that cursed your pack. And they've been nothing but crap to me since I first came to town." She tells him.

"Not to mention they kind of hate me and the baby. We're 'freaks of nature' to them." I tell them all.

"Exactly, No. We're not going." Hayley looks at Elijah.

"It's a new day in the Quarter, Hayley. I agree with Oliver. If we're gonna coexist, we have to play ball. We'll send a representative with a gift." Jackson tells her.

"Yeah, come on babe. Jack and Ollie are right. You and Hayley wanted everyone to get along." Crawford tells me.

Hayley and I roll our eyes and walk away. Elijah catches up to us.

"That was too easy. Don't trust him. Don't trust any of them." He tells the both of us.

I frown but nod at him.

—————————————

Hayley and I walked out where Jackson, Crawford and Ollie were talking but stopped when we got out there.

"What is this? High School?" Hayley asks.

"Why don't you take the hint and mind your own business?" Ollie directs that to the both of us.

Hayley and I nod at each other. She grabs his arm and I kick him in the back. Hayley's got a good grip on his arm while his face is squished on the side of the house.