Calm Before the Storm

After the heart to heart with Hayley, Nik let me tag along to the Abattoir. I get finally meet Marcel.

I walked in and heard the sounds of a Trumpet. I saw Thierry playing with heart. He sounds wonderful, too bad that he'll be apart of our plan.

"You're right, he's good." I look at Nik. Marcel glances at me then looks at Thierry. "Right? Music man, I call him. Ladies love him, but he's spoken for. He knocks around with this pretty little witch. Says he loves her, but I don't know."

I look over at Marcel. "Your brightest soldier is fraternizing with your enemy, and you don't care? I figured you would." Marcel looks at me skeptically.

I gasp at myself. "Where are my manners, it's nice to meet you Marcel. I'm Kara Mikaelson."

His eyes widen and holds out his hand. "It's nice to meet you. I remember Kol talking about you all the time."

I shake his hand and give him a tight smile. "He always did brag about me. He told me stories about you. You're different than I imagined you."

He smiles and proceeds back to our previous conversation. "Of course I care, but Thierry is a grown man. He makes his own choices, and I get some good intel. Besides, he's not gonna do anything to jeopardize what we're doing here. I mean, check this out-— a vampire hosting a ritzy charity event? We have a community here. No one's gonna mess that up."

Nik and I look at each other. "Cel... You don't want the witches to get too bold, given that a witch's tip about a werewolf in town led to the disappearance of your nightwalkers. I'm sure you've considered the possibility that it could've been a trap."

Nik smirks at me but Marcel doesn't catch it. He processes what I said. "Well, maybe I'll send a little message." I smirk at him and he nods to his vampires. "Ms. Mikaelson, would you like do to the honors?"

I smile at him but give Nik a side glance. "Thierry! Darling, take a team of nightwalkers to the Cauldron tonight, do a little rousting... Oh, and Thierry? Make it nasty, Love."

Marcel smiles at me. "Kara Mikaelson, you remind me of Klaus and Kol mixed together."

I smile at him. "That's the best compliment I've ever gotten, Marcel."

I smile at Nik. "I'll meet you later, brother. Marcel, it was nice to meet you." He smiles at me and I walk away.

I head back to the Plantation house. "Hayls, I'm home." I walk upstairs to her room and see her on her bed.

"How'd meeting Marcel go?" I roll my eyes. "Clearly he has a thing for us Mikaelson girls. He flirted with me the entire time, and Nik was right there!"

She laughs at me. "You're complaining because the self proclaimed King of New Orleans was flirting with you."

I pout. "Hayley, this is serious. Marcel and Bex were in love once upon a time. He is still in love with her and I'm sure that Bex is still in love with him."

"You're right, but Kara, you need to mingle. I couldn't imagine being single for over a thousand years. Skip the party with me. We can go walk around the bayou."

I nodded at her. "It's not like I am needed there anyways." She smiles at me.

I told Nik where Hayley and I were going. Nik being Nik gave a big lecture on how I needed to keep Hayley safe. I listened calmly then explained in Kara form that she will be safest with me.

We made it to the Bayou pretty quick. "Do you feel like you belong out here?" I ask her. "All the time, I just haven't found anyone who is family." I nod in understanding. "I feel like I would love it out here. I'm sure the wolves hate us vampires, and then me being a witch. They would love that."

We hear a branch snap. I put my finger over my lips to shush her. I hear whimpering. I grab Hayley's hand and guide the both of us to the sound. She pulls a small flashlight out of her boot.

I smirk at her. "Handy." She points it around and we shine it on a wolf who's caught in a trap. Hayley gasps.

I slowly walk towards it with my hands raised. "I'm going to help you. I need you to stay calm while I get your leg out of the trap."

The wolf does nothing so I take it as a good sign and bend down. I break the trap without hurting the wolf anymore.

I place both my hands over the injury with little pressure. I look at Hayley then the wolf. "This will stop the pain but I don't know the healing spell quite yet."

"Asinta Mulaf Hinto, Sho Bala." The wolf slowly gets up and puts its weight on the other three paws. I noticed the wolf has a light gray fur with green eyes. I raise my hand slowly to pet it. The wolf lets me and puts their face on my shoulder.

"You're welcome. We got go, just be careful next time." The wolf runs off.

"Whoever that is, hopefully we find out soon." Hayley says as she turns to walk back to the house. I turn to look at where the wolf was last at. I hope so too.

We got back to the house and Sabine wanted to tell Hayley what the baby is. We also saw another wolf watching Hayley but this one had gold eyes.

I found out what the baby is and I am so excited. I walk in the piano room. "Well, tonight was an epic failure." I pout at her.

"What happened?" Bex looks at me like we'll get to that part of the story. "On the contrary, sister. Tonight was a masterpiece."

Bex looks at Nik confused. "Are you mad? Katie died before Sophie could complete the spell."

I look at her in shock. "Katie died?" Nik looks between Bex and I. "Oh, I'm well aware. I killed Katie." Bex hops is from the piano. "You what?" I don't bother to say anything because this wasn't the plan but Nik always do something Nik like.

"There's no way our little suicide witch wasn't gonna try and take out Marcel with her. I saved his life, and in doing so, I now have him exactly where I want him." Nik tells Bex matter of factly.

"Sophie trusted you. Kara trusted you! I trusted you! Against all my better instincts." I look at Bex in sadness.

Nik looks at Bex offended. "Wake up, Rebekah-- the witches are on no one's side but their own. This girl, Davina? That's all they want, and when they have her, what do you think happens then, a truce? Of course not. They will use Davina's power against all of us."

I stay quiet. "Even if you're right, the plan was to find Elijah, and you've failed us."

Nik sighs. "You always did lack faith. By protecting Marcel, I've cemented his trust, so much so that he's agreed to return Elijah to us. And when the time is right, when he has told me everything I need to know about Davina, I will have her for myself."

I roll my eyes at his need for power. "I have all the faith in the world that you'll get what you want, Nik."Bex cuts me off. "You always do, no matter what is costs the rest of us. You disgust me." She places her bourbon on the piano and walks away.

Nik looks at me and I walk over to hug him. "We'll get him back. One way or another."