Time Heals All

Crawford and I were at the Compound helping the Crescents.

"Brother! Niklaus!"

I roll my eyes at Elijah's yelling.

Hayley walks over to him as do I.

"You do realize that literally everyone in here has supernatural hearing, right?" Hayley asks.

"Where is my brother?" He asks the both of us.

I shrug and Hayley gives her sarcastic response.

"I'll check his calendar... Wait, no. Not his wife, so..." I roll my eyes at her.

I'm still angry at all of them for keeping my niece a secret.

Elijah gives Hayley an annoyed look. "Hayley, this city is under siege by an army of beasts following my deranged mother's every command. Now, considering it was your people who just declared war on my kind, now's not the best time for your particular brand of sass."

My eyes widen in anger.

"Klaus left a while ago. If you want to find him, I can't help you. If only there was a magical device that people used to call people? I don't know, I'm out of ideas. Good luck." Hayley just answers back with no emotion.

She turns to walks off but before she goes she turns back to him.

"Oh! One more thing, Elijah-- those "beasts" that you're referring to? They may be under Esther's control, but, like you said, they're my people. So, if you hurt them, your bitch mother will be the least of your problems." She says before she leaves.

Elijah looks at me with guilt and regret. "Kara-"

I hold my hand up to cut him off. "I don't want to hear it Elijah, that was low, even for you."

I turn away and storm off. Family fights, don't you love them.

————————————————

Hayley and Crawford both walked in my room. Crawford sits on the bed next to me and kisses my forehead.

"Baby, Hayley wants to talk to you about something." I nod and look up at Hayley with a straight face.

Crawford stands, kisses my head, then puts his hand on Hayley's shoulder as a sign of support, then walks out.

"I know that you are still pissed at me. I need your help. I will explain the situation when we get Elijah. Kara, I'm so sorry for not telling you. You're my best friend and my sister. I should have argued against Elijah and Klaus when they said you shouldn't know. You're the one that could've protected her here. You're my daughters godmother...I'm sorry." She rushes out.

I have tears in my eyes through it all but the one thing at the end made them rush down my face.

I opened my arms and she ran into them.

"I missed you and I'm so sorry." She cries.

"Stop apologizing, I forgive you. I understand why you kept it from me. I just needed to hear you say that I could have protected her. When Nik told me that she was with Rebekah, I just broke. Rebekah can protect her amazingly, I'm sure. I just felt like I wasn't good enough to protect her."