Betrayal

Nik and I are back to back while Marcel, Rebekah, and his vampires surround us.

"Let's end this charade, shall we? Vampires of New Orleans! Do recall that we are Originals. Hybrids. We cannot be killed. Eternity is an awfully long time. How long, do you think, Marcel will stay in power? What if one of you lot were to release us, knowing we will be eternally in your debt? Oh, we would pity those of you who dared to cross us. We can assure you, your ends would be spectacular. To borrow a trick from an old friend—"

I grab the gold coin from Nik and hold out my hand. "Whoever picks up this coin gets to live." I drop the coin in front of myself.

"Now, which of you magnificent bastards wants to join us?"

Marcel looks at the coin then at his vampires. "Anyone wants that coin, pledge allegiance to Klaus. Take it now. Go ahead. The choice is yours."

No one moves. Nik looks at me astonished. I look surprised.

Marcel looks at us proudly. "Take them."

I smirk and feel my power in my hands. I look down at them and gasp. It's an amber color like Crawford's eyes.

I look at Marcel and Rebekah. They look genuinely scared. Good.

Vampires lunge at Nik and myself as I fend them off of me. I see some lock Nik in chains. I start to lose my temper until he shows his hybrid face.

I smirk at continue to kill many that are attacking me. "Marcel! Come and finish this!" I hear Nik scream. I stop and see Marcel try to walk over to him.

Rebekah holds him back. "No! Take the coin!"

I feel a vampire sneak behind me but I turn and slice off their head.

"They won't stop until everyone is dead. And they will kill you too. End this. Pick up the coin!"

I smirk knowing Marcel will listen to Rebekah. "Enough!"

The room falls silent and I turn to face Marcel holding the coin up.

"Well, well, well. The great Marcel, self-proclaimed king of New Orleans, bowing before me." Nik smirks.

Marcel throws the coin at Nik's feet. "There. I hereby pledge my allegiance to you. You have the keys to my kingdom. It's yours."

I helped move the vampires that Nik and I killed to the middle of the the floor.

Diego glares at me while he pours glasses of bourbon and vodka over the bodies.

"If you're going to keep staring at me, I suggest you not unless you want to lose both your eyes."

He rolls his eyes and I look up at Nik. I nod my head to the door as Rebekah follows after us.

I make my way to the house and I speed up to change out of my bloody clothes. I walk downstairs to see Elijah walk in.

"Elijah's home. There's only one dagger. Which one of us will you be punishing today?" I hear Rebekah ask.

"I contemplated a game of eenie-meenie-miney-moe. You betrayed me. My own sister!" Nik yells.

"Niklaus, don't you dare!"