Family

I set foot in New Orleans. After compelling Rafael a couple to take care of him I packed and drove here.

I love Nik. I do, he's just going to have to me being mad at him for now. I feel my phone ring in my pocket. I pull it out and see it's Elijah.

"Yes, Lijah?"

"Go to Lafayette Cemetery. I'm getting Niklaus. We'll be there shortly."

He hangs up. I roll my eyes and speed to the cemetery. I see witches surrounding Hayley. "Which one of you has conspired against my brother?" They all look at me.
"I'll explain when Klaus gets here." I shrug at her. "Fine, Hayley are you alright" I ask her. "I'm pregnant with your brothers baby." I gasp at her.

I listen closely and hear a faint heartbeat. I look at Hayley. "No harm will come to either one of you." She nods as Nik and Elijah walk up.

"Sophie Deveraux. What is this?" Nik asks her. I smile at Elijah. He looks at Sophie. "He's all yours. Proceed."

Sophie looks directly at Nik with determination all over her. "You know you're famous in this town? Witches tell bedtime stories about the powerful vampire Klaus. We know Marcel was nothing but an orphan street rat, until you made him what he is. And now he's out of control. He does what he wants, he kills who he wants. I'm gonna stop him, and you're gonna help me."

Nik smirks at her. I roll my eyes. He glances to me and Elijah then looks back at Sophie. "This is why you brought me here?" I glare at him. "Hear her out, you ass." He stares at me with a mix of anger and regret.

"I don't need to hear her out. I assure you, love, there is not a thing on this earth that will matter enough for me to waste even thirty more seconds of my time. Elijah, what madness is this?" I look towards Sophie and see Hayley walk over.

"Klaus. You need to listen to them." I nod agreeing with her while Nik laughs his ass off.

"You're all out of your minds if you think some liquor-fueled, one-night stand - no offense, sweetheart - means a thing to me." He tells us all.

Sophie looks at him with no amusement on her face. "Marcel may be able to keep up from practicing real magic in this town, but as keepers of the balance we still know when nature has cooked up something new. For example, I have a special gift...of sensing when a girl is pregnant."

That wiped the smile off of Nik's face as I give a confused look at the name Marcel. I'll ask Elijah later.

"What?" Nik looks at Hayley in shock. "I know it's impossible..." Hayley looks at me and I smile at her.

"What are you saying?" Nik still looks like he's seen a ghost. "Niklaus...the girl is carrying your child." Elijah tells him bluntly. Nik looks at me for confirmation. I nod at him.

"No. It's impossible. Vampires cannot procreate." I shake my head. "Nik, werewolves can though." Sophie nods in agreement. "Exactly. Magic made you a vampire, but you were born a werewolf. You're the Original hybrid, the first of your kind, and this pregnancy is one of nature's loopholes."

Nik looks at Sophie in disbelief. His face morphed into anger when he looks at Hayley. "You've been with someone else, admit it!"

I step closer to Nik. "Are you kidding me, Nik?! At least acknowledge the fact that she would have said something if it wasn't yours." I look at Hayley and smirk. She sends me a nod.

"Look, Klaus. I've spent days held captive in a freaking alligator bayou because they think that I'm carrying some magical miracle baby." I laugh at the nickname. Elijah looks at me to behave.

Sophie looks at Nik with sadness. "My sister gave her life to perform the spell she needed to confirm this pregnancy. Because of Jane-Anne's sacrifice, the lives of this girl and her baby are now controlled by us." My face morphed with confusion as does Elijah's and Hayley's.

"What the hell do you mean by that, Witch?" I spit at her. She ignores me and continues talking to Nik. "If you don't help us take down Marcel, so help me, Hayley won't live long enough to see her first maternity dress." I glare at Sophie.

"Watch it, Witch!" I say to Sophie. Elijah gets angered as well. "Enough of this. If you want Marcel dead, he's dead. I'll do it myself." I keep my glare on Sophie.

"No. We can't, not yet. We have a clear plan that we need to follow, and there are rules." I chuckle. "I've never been one for rules." Nik who had been facing away after hearing the news of Hayley being pregnant turns back to face everyone.

"How dare you command me..." He starts yelling. "threaten me, with what you wrongfully perceive to be my weaknesses. I won't hear any more lies." Nik turns away to leave.

"Niklaus. Listen."

"Nik, please."

Nik ignores mine and Elijah's pleas. He turns to Hayley. I get quiet and realize he's listening to the baby's heart beat. I listen as well and smile. Hayley places her hand on her stomach.

He turns to face myself and Elijah. "Kill her and the baby. What do I care?" I look at him shock while Elijah keeps a straight face. Nik storms out of the cemetery. I look at Hayley and smile.

Elijah looks at me. "Stay here and protect her. I'll go get him." I nod as he hugs me then speeds off. "Kara Mikaelson. Wow, I've never felt that much power from a vampire."

I roll my eyes at Sabine. "Oh please, I'm an Original." She shakes her head. "Your mother made sure you weren't just vampire. You're a hybrid. Part Vampire, Part Witch. Immortal, just like Klaus." Hayley and I look at each other shocked. Holy Shit, I'm a Witch.