Parallel Truths

Neerav and Ananya... looked at each other with a contentment as the guests left..

The whole day... though dedicated to them...they couldn't find some alone time till now..

Dadi and the elders retired for the night with kids...as the Young couples lingered behind .. savouring the quiet starry night... giving ample width to the newly engaged couple..

Kunal shouldered Mishti..and pleaded..

" Yaar..kuch bahana banaoo na... please.."

They were hanging out as a group..

Abir and Saksham talking shop as Mishti listened on.. casually...and Kuhu flipping through the days pictures.. gushing over each one...

" Seriously Kunal...waise toh Kuhu see  Milne se pehle bada flirt tha na..now when it's time for actual romance Tere pass ek bhi excuse nahin Hein... yahaan bhi Mera help...? Kya yaar..!"

Mishti whispered back rolling her eyes..

Kunal took a deep breath...and stood up decisively as Mishti footsied Abir ...

Kuhu was startled as a hand clamped her wrist pulling her up ...

Her phone going   for a toss... literally..

Mishti though bubbling up with laugh was prepared for the catch .

 Kunal pulled a  protesting Kuhu ...

" I need to ..umm..talk to you..Chalo.."

" Kunal.kya ..!!..umm.. Mishti..??"

" Mishti Kyun ?..tum jao.. I'll bring her.."

Abir interjected..

Kunal looked relieved as Abir  took Mishti''s responsibility.

As KUKU walked away bickering as always Mishti and Abir looked at each other laughingly...and slowly their expressions changed  as they looked on to each other...

" Oops...ahem..!"

Saksham cleared his throat..

" Actually I didn't feel like a fifth wheel till now..but being a third wheel surely sucks.."

Mishti lowered her face... adjusting her hair in embarrassment..Abir too..cleared his throat and donned his serious face..

Saksham looked at Neerav and Ananya engrossed in their talks,.

" Hey..bhabhi do know about you guys huh!!?..."

His face showed disbelief at Abir and Mishti''s expression...

" OMG you guys are something...how could she not notice this ...this..aura around you guys..!!.. Mishti..you should let her know .."

Mishti looked at Neerav and Ananya..

"...I too have thought of that..and ... Ananya di  is a pro in keeping secrets...but ..it's her time to indulge na..Shaadi... preparations...Sab kuch jaldi hi karna Hein na..I don't want her to think about anything other than that...."