Unexpected encounters

Mishti put on the raincoat inside the elevator....
She smiled and acknowledged the presence of her fellow dwellers in the apartment complex....
They lived in a middle class area and had minimum facilities offered.One of the main constraints was vehicle parking. There was only limited area for parking lot in the building and therefore they parked the car by the nearby garage...

As the elevator reached the ground floor.... Mishti pulled on her hood .she was mildly surprised by the mini crowd waiting for the elevator...she smiled and nodded to the known faces and walked past the people pulling her hood close to her cheek.

After a short brisk walk in the drizzle, she opened her Mazda and dipped into the driving seat...hands with key already on ignition...

She stared at her right hand for a moment in confusion.....

Oh! My god..!! My bracelet.....!!

***********************************

Kunal whistled as they went up in the elevator......he eyed everyone in it and suddenly something caught his eye....

"Abir bhai..what's that??"

Abir looked at his jacket...

"What??!"

"This..."Kunal pointed to a dangling thing tangled with his right pocket zip...

"Oh! Yeh Kya,. bracelet.huh..!!.."

Abir examined it with a curious eye....

"Abir bhai...it's a charm bracelet.....its gold but this charm dolphins on it ..."

Abir smoothed the dolphins with his fingers..a nostalgic touch..and smiled at Kunal...
"Jaana pehchana sa lag Raha hai Kya,.?"

Kunal took the little ornament in hand and smiled ...

"yes Bhai. you gave me an exact pendent on my 8th birthday...."

"And you lost it..!"

Abir laughed lightly and was therefore unaware of the look of guilt on Kunal's face...

"Tumhare jaisa nahi...yeh jiska bhi hai woh iska ache se kadr karthe hain...otherwise this worn out thing would not be coupled with this gold bracelet....you go and meet the Maheshwaris.I'll go down...most probably someone must be searching for this..."

" Par Bhai...mein..."
Kunal couldn't finish his sentence as Abir took the bracelet from his hand and got out of the elevator a floor beneath that of Maheshwari's and took to the stairs downward....

******************************

Mishti frantically searched her dress for the bracelet....

She remembered clasping it around her right wrist.....it was her lucky charm and no way she is going out without it....

She got out of the car and traced her path looking down carefully....no other person must have took this route....she thought ...if it went off the clasp then surely it must be down some where here...she was searching frantically ..