A Stellar realignment

Greenville, USA

Dawn break

It was drizzling ....tiny threads of rain hummed their way down to earth....

In the cosy darkness combined with the dim light of the night lamp in her room Mishti hugged her teddy pillow tight....she was sleeping ....relishing her dream...she could sense him.....coming to her back and holding her shoulders.....moving aside her long curls baring her back.....

She was having goosebumps all over her body when she felt his lips trail a path along the hemline of her gown....

Her stomach tightened ...in anticipation.....this was surreal...! She could predict his moves....!

Now he will turn her to him....

Will lift her chin with his index finger......

She'll close her eyes to hide the pure love brimming from them and will trail her fingers along his cheeks.....

Mishti held her breath.....she pulled the comforter close...

"..... Mishti...Mishti ki bachi..wake up..

Kuhu shook Mishti....tugging on to the comforter...

"kya...Kuhu...."Mishti said sleepily....."Let me see his face....."

"awww GOD!!"

Kuhu sighed loudly as she put her hands to her hips....

"Phir se........you can't see 'him' now...you have to get up NOW!!

It's not fair ...Tere ko to itna acha sapna aata hai...nahi chalega!"

"You know what Kuhu ....hamesha tumhi mere dream kharab kar deti ho.....he was about to face me ...and look what you have done....!"

Mishti sat up in the bed pouting.....

"Uffo Mishti..are you chasing the man of your dreams or dream of a man,"

Kuhu put up her hands in exasperation....

Mishti looked at her and shook her head in self denial....

"Well it's my dream but I don't think it's me...."

"Okay okay....Now get up fast and freshen up...Dadi is about to start aarti.....and you have a busy day ahead... today is your day na?.You have to get your dress from the boutique....then your farewell get together....I still have a year to rock this day....not done Mishti..hamesha tumhe Sab pehle milte hain.."

"Oh! GOD !! Thanks Kuhu....it did go completely out of my mind...."

Mishti scrambled into her chappals and dashed to the bathroom muttering "stupid dream...!"

****

Rajshri had always insisted her girls attending the morning aarti...and adhering to the Indian culture even though they had relocated to Greenville...
A sad smile formed at her lips when she thought of her childhood friend Meenakshi...if Meenakshi was not there she would have perished in the hardships of life ....but now ...even if she is there to extend any help.....