The Tender Crescendo Of Passion

As the dinner progressed with mild Parisian music in the background..and taking advantage of a break Abir's eyes searched her...and found her.. engaged in an animated talk with none other than the chairman..

He joined them and when the senior left commented .. lightly smacking her with his shoulders..

" Winding everyone on your little finger are you..?"

Mishti looked at him mischievously..scrunching her face ..

" Jealous much...! Are you..ehh?"

Before he could give her a perky reply someone tapped his shoulder.

As Abir turned his eyes lost its warmth..his jaws tightened a bit ..

The one person who kept clear of him all these years and till now has taken up the courage to approach him...

"Hello...Saksham...!. Saksham Rana...I hope you still remember me. Abir Rajvansh!"

*******

Abir turned to Mishti ..blocking the newcomer's view purposely as his eyes sweeped her  .,.and asked Mishti to excuse them...

Her eyes enquired and his responded in reassurance..

As Mishti moved away Abir faced Saksham..

" I hoped that I was clear when I told you to stay clear of me..  that day.!"

Abir's words were on point and blunt that Saksham did take a step back..

"Whoa..chill man .. it's been years...and  we've been in same circle but I stayed away till now.. don't you think it's high time we buried the hatchet...?!"

Abir snorted and turned his head ....eyes involuntarily seeking her position...

"We don't have a hatchet to bury...and to break bread with a person who harmed my friend  is not my way of honouring the friendship.."

Saksham winced at the jibe...and respected the way Abir still is...

unfortunately his " friend" wanted him to" harm "her and at that time the temptation blinded him...He did get what he desired .It was a shame though she failed in her objective..

Abir Rajvansh..you never knew..!!!

She rang him up in the morning... asking him bluntly to keep an eye on Abir..and to be honest he was surprised at Piya's command..over years they have met discreetly and spent their passion... without strings..but never she was unsure of Abir as she sounded now..

And he understood the reason now...

walking away from them..

Nothing more to describe her poise...

She moved like a cool golden flame..

Abir's face darkened as he saw Saksham's eyes following Mishti...

He took a decisive step closer to him and warned him in the iciest tone..

" I thrashed you to an inch of your life.. for what you tried to do with Piya..but I will decimate you if you even dare to look at my girl.....I hope you will take the warning seriously this time.and I won't even respect your brother like I did last time."

At the mention of his brother. Saksham retreated...Arms raised in mock surrender..

****

Mishti was confused when Abir told her after the dinner that they were going out ..and that he had already made arrangements to vacate the hotel... But she decided to wait and see...