Closing in the distances

Abir....

Mishti uttered the name and the person sauntered in...

" Nanko...yeh le tereliye Ghar se Teri Badimaa ne bheja hai..."

Abir handed over the basket of fruits and snacks to Kunal..who eagerly started opening it but stopped...

" Bhai is that what I think in your hands is"

Abir kinda protected the package as Kunal was ready to pounce on it..

" Calm down Mera Sher...woh mein Mishti keliye laaya hai..."

Mishti slightly pinked up at the attention she was getting...but looked quizzically at both the package and Abir...

"Mishti...jaldi jaldi..pakdo..pighal jaayega.." 

Kunal urged her to take it from Abir...

She opened it feeling the chill ...

"Spanish delight. !!! OMG....!! I love  you..!"

Mishti jumped in delight and impulsively hugged Abir tight...

Abir was stunned by Mishti''s action and once it sinked in  that his Mishti is hugging him ....his arms rose involuntarily to enclose her...but stopped as he heard Kunal.... clapping..

"Mishti tum aaj Toh surprise pe surprise de rahe ho...agar Bhai ko pata hota ki pighalne wale ice cream tub se Tera mood pighlega Toh woh kabka ice cream ka retail khola hota tereliye.. Bhai..Sach mein...ab aap pe gussa aa Raha hai.."

His hands dropped down as Mishti''s loosened around him and she adjusted her specs to cover up her awkwardness...

"Mujh pe gussa...ab Maine Kya Kiya.. tereliye bhi hai ismain.."

Abir tried to talk off handedly..

" Itne saal Meri Mishti ki bachi ko mujhse door rakhne ke liye gussa aaraha Hain...kitna acha hota..agar aap donon .."

Kunal cupped his mouth...and gagged himself.. looking at the changing expression on Abir's and Mishti''s face...

" Mein bhi na..itne saare favorite cheeze saamne Hain Aur Kya baat leke baith Gaya."

Hurriedly he took his tub from the bag and started at it...