Prologue

The Past...

An 8 year old girl huddled to herself in fierce cold..

Her mind in revolt.

How dare he treat me like that...and why on earth he called her a cheater...!

She felt rage smoulder within her...Indeed she had lost her parents ...but still she had her Badimaa ..and they surely hadn't come begging at his doorstep...!!

Her head throbbed on one side and she put up her hand to rub the part which hurt when he yanked and twirled her braided thick hair...it had been her pride...she had the thick black hair well down to her hip and her badimaa was too fond of them too...

But ...today...

Today he had used her pride to pain her ...I hate him...I hate him..

As her thoughts raced she rubbed her head fiercely...forgetting the strands getting tangled...

He looked at the black night from his balcony...his eyes blazing..

How dare she go against him in his own house.And it served her right that she got the pain...well she never was mad at him as she was today...his mind tried to calm him...and he ruefully acknowledged the truth...

But then...today...for the first time..

His heart wrenched in pain...he tried to be rebellious against the feeling...but failed...

He never forgave his mother for leaving his father..

And he had no idea that it would hurt him this much when he felt her hand strike his face..

All because of her...

She need to cry...his hand went up to his left cheek where Meenakshi striked...and for a second he became numb feeling the wetness of his tears,...how could he cry?!

She made him do that ...he thought with hatred...and I hate her more...I hate her...I hate her..

Later in the night he walked to the field...

She lay curled up...freezing out in the makeshift farm rest...he looked at her with contempt and scooped her in his arms...his arms went cold at the touch of her skin...and with difficulty and lack of grace a 13 year old boy could afford , he walked to the home...carrying her..

She huddled to him in search of warmth...wanting more...

"I hate you..."

He heard her mumble and without any surprise replied softly..

Me tooo..

The PRESENT..

The dream...that dream...

She woke up with a start...how could a dream be so crystal clear.?...um...not completely but it jolted her emotions..

She remembered the night when she first dreamt of him....

The snow flecks were lodged in his long hair...even though his face was not clear in her dream she could feel the steel of his jaw...as if she trailed her fingers across them...