awkward but not uncomfortable

Once dinner was done, gulf and mew cleared the table, after gulf stopped being hard, to go to the kitchen to clean the dishes, the girls went to there room to get ready for bed overjoyed gulf said mew could spend the night but had to sleep on the couch.
Gulf kept his head hung, brows furrowed to look to the side at mew, he had his head hung too, with a giant smile to his face has he washed the dishes right beside.
Gulf then looked back down to dry the dish to take a deep breathe in.
I can't believe I'm allowing mew to stay and in my home..... But....I don't feel too odd about that, actually I'm feeling a bit happy he is but, is this the right thing to do, our daughters are seeing this, what are they thinking about mew staying? What are they wanting from this? I just don't want to hurt the girls if him and I don't get back together which I'm still on the fence about, he just hurt me so much.
Gulfs face dropped a bit has did the dish.
Mew turned his head to look to the plate that lowered to eye gulf sunken face.
"Gulf? Are you okay?"
Gulf took a deep breathe to then dry the rest of the dish.
"I'm fine."
Mew looked him over to turn his head back to eye the action.
"If you don't want me to stay, I won't, I know having the girls look to us you probably said yes because of...."
Gulf turned his head to eye mew..
"No, I meant what I said, you can stay."
Mew then smirked.
"Is it because I was being a bit....lewd and touching you under the table?"
Gulf rolled his eyes to chuckle.
"No.....it is late, and you must be tired, rather you took the day off or not, just feel a bit sorry for you, the couch is not comfortable to sleep upon."
Gulf turned his head to then eye the action.
Mew darted his eyes to push a bit.
"Well..... Um.... Maybe....I could sleep in your bed..."
Gulf widen his eyes, to let the dish fall through his fingers straight to the watered sink once more, mew turned his head to eye.
"I..... Don't think that would be....."
They then both turned there heads to see there girls come out both holding a book.
"We might know how to read, but since your both here..." Hinta spoke slowly.
"Daddies, can you read to us." They both said in unison.
Gulf and mew looked to the other.
"I..... Think that'll be okay." Gulf nodded.
Mew nodded to look to them.
"Make sure to brush your teeth and we will be there soon, just finishing here."
They looked to the other with huge smiles to then turn to run to the bathroom. Gulf had turned his head to watch with a bit of a sullen face.
Mew went back to work.
"Mew?"
"Hmm?"
Gulf turned his head to eye mew.
"Do you think..... Us being how we are, is impacting the princesses mentally and emotionally?"
Mew stopped cleaning to freeze, his eyes darted to then look to gulf.
"Mm, I think a bit, they probably don't understand this and why were being so nice togther but gulf, they are able to spend more time together has we figure things out, I'm not pushing you in any direction, you have all the control here, I just hope I can win you back."
Gulfs lips parted, his heart thumped unevenly in his chest.
He turned his head to hang it to then dry.
"Um.....I.... Think for your earliest question.... It should be okay if you.... Sleep in my bed but you have to make an alarm so you can be up and out before they wake."
Mew smiled has he looked upon gulf.
"Thank you gulf. You really are one amazing human being."
Mew then leaned over to place his lips to his cheek, unaware hota had came to the side of the wall to see that, she was going to tell her daddies they were done, she stayed to watch with a huge smile.
Turning she went to hinta, who was in her bed, back to the wall, she eyed hota who came in with a huge grin, she walked to get bed to then get in.
Hinta looked to her, then the door, then back to her.
"Did you tell them we're done and waiting?"
Hota turned her head to look to her sister to Shake her head.
"Why not?"
"They..... Were having a moment, I really think there going to get back together, were going to be an actual family again hinta."
Hinta moved her body away from the wall, to really eye her sister.
"What did you see?"
"Daddy mew, kiss daddy gulf."
Hinta smiled and wide.
"Mmm, I really hope we can get our daddies back together, but hota, shush, let's not spoil this."
Hota wore a serious expression to nod, they then looked to the door to eye mew and gulf, gulf then went to sit to the side of hintas bed to grab her book, mew did the same to hota, the girls went down to then look to there father's to watch them with smiles.
Looking to the girls with there eyes closed, mew and gulf looked to the other, to then get up to kiss the girls forehead to then leave, to Gulfs room, he got ready for bed has mew was to the bathroom, he stood to the edge to eye the bed.
Is this a good idea? Sleep in the same bed, my bed with mew?
Turning his head, mew came out with just sweatpants to eye gulf.
Silence surrounded them.
"Gulf.....I don't have to sleep here, I will go to the couch and...."
Gulf looked over mew to turn to get into the bed.
He sat up, head turned to pat the empty space still looking to mew, he gulped to breathe heavily.
"Come on."
Mew with his hand behind, turned the light off, to then go around the bed, keeping his eyes to gulf, to then get in, gulf turned his head following this action.
"Really gulf..... Thank you."
Gulf nodded.
Well.... Let's see what happens next.