four

~Jessica POV

"Alright students, we're going to do open rehearsal for our movie scenes today so I'll give you about ten more minutes to get settled in and we'll get started." Mr. Walker said peeking his head in the classroom. My partner wasn't here yet so I didn't really have no rehearsing to do. I looked around seeing Isaiah walk in. He clearly doesn't fuck with me like that after what I said but who cares. I got up walking towards him and sitting down. "Hey." I said but he didn't answer. "Um, hello." I said tapping his arm. He looked up at me taking his headphones out.

"What?"

"I said hey."

"Hey." He said. "What happened to your face?" I asked seeing the cut under his eye. "Just a little fight that's all." He shrugged. "A little fight? You have a big ass gash under your eye." I said. "You make it seem like I got beat up. Should have seen the other guys face." He said laughing a little. "You seen that girl?" He asked making me raise a brow. "What girl?"

"The girl that I'm partnered with."

"Mariah? She's out of town remember. I told you that yesterday before you got mad and stormed out the cafeteria." I said. "Doesn't look like your partner is here either." He said looking around. "We should work together. Mariah is going to be gone for a while and my partner never comes to school." I said. "You ever seen the movie Set It Off?" He asked randomly. "Yeah who hasn't."

"Then yeah, I'm fine with working together."

I walked over to Mr. Walker and he agreed with the partner switch. "So what movie were you and Mariah doing?" I asked. "I don't know honestly. She's clueless when it comes to movies that people actually give a fuck about." He said. "Me and my partner were doing Princess and the Frog." I said making him laugh a little. "What's so funny?"

"What made y'all want to do Princess and the Frog?"

"I don't know. I have a short attention span unless it cartoons. Those are entertaining." I said. "You're a kid at heart. It's okay, I am too." He said. "Really? You strike me as the hardbody type who only watches killer movies."

"You tend to speak your mind a lot when it's not needed. Somethings should just be kept to yourself." He said.

The bell rung and class started.

**

~Isaiah POV

After school I gathered my stuff out my locker, and walked out to my car. "You never answered my question." Jessica said approaching me. "You can't keep sneaking up on me like that. I almost smacked you." I said. "My bad."

"What question are you talking about?" I asked. "The Buddy Party. It's tonight and I still don't have anyone to bring." She said. "Give me one good reason why I should go to a party with you? I might be tending to my drug dealing extravaganza." I said. "I said I was sorry."

"Why should I go? Y'all probably be out there doing crack and popping pills. That aint my type of scene." I said. "Well look who's doing the assuming now. For one, that stuff is for the white people. The parties that get hosted by the football team is mainly for everybody else." She said. "Everybody else as in black people?"

"Yes, black people. Can you just come and stop being so boring."

"Fine."

"What's your number so I can text you the address." She said. "404-445-4124." I said. "There. I texted it to you. It starts at seven but I'll be there at eight so please don't be late." She said. "Yeah whatever." I got in my car driving off making my way home.

**

Before going home, I stopped by the fighting ring. "Raymond! You in here?" I yelled. "In the office!"