twenty - four

~Jessica POV

"Love?" I asked raising a brow. "Jessica I j-" I cut him off. "So this is how you treat the people you love? Crazy." I said laughing a little. "I've apologized a million times Jessica." He sighed. "Well if you think an apology is going to fix what you did then you can keep thinking. You can keep the gifts. Give them to Mariah, she'll love them." I said walking away. "How'd it go?" Keaunte smiled as I walked back to the car.

"Take me home. Now."

~Isaiah POV

After embarrassing the fuck out of myself, I went back home laying in my bed. I don't know what I could do to fix things between me and Jessica. Saying I love her wasn't one hundred percent true, but it wasn't a lie either. It's like, my feelings for her grow everyday and they're strong. I just don't want to make anymore moves and fuck up even more. My thoughts were interrupted by my phone ringing. I looked down seeing my cousin Dre name pop up across my phone.

"What." I said answering.

"Put some clothes on. I'm five minutes away from yo crib." He said before hanging up.

I looked down at my phone in confusion. What is he coming here for. I got out the bed putting my jeans on and a different hoodie.

A few minutes later, I heard the sound of honking outside of my house. I walked out and got in the car. "Why are you here?" I asked. "I can't spend time with my cousin?" He asked.

"No. What do you want?"

"Just chill. We'll talk about it over a nice meal." He smiled pulling off.

**

We pulled up to a Mexican spot and got a table. "What you want with me Dre?" I asked getting annoyed with being brought out the house with him. "You still making money in them fight clubs?" He asked. "I haven't fought since what happened with Raymond. Why you asking me about that?" I asked. "Cause I need money. Fast." He said making me laugh a little. "You brought me all the way here to ask if I could give yo broke ass some money?" I scoffed.

"Listen Zay it's more to it."

"Well then what the fuck is it?" I asked. "I can't tell you right now. I just need money." He said. He looked serious. "Well I ain't fighting no more so I ain't got that type of money laying around. Plus, after I got shot the doctor told me I couldn't do that anymore. Said something about it fucking up my body, I don't know I really wasn't listening." I shrugged. "How about that money your pops left you?"

"Man I'm not touching that fucking money."

"Isaiah bro, please. I need this money." He said putting emphasis on the need. "Tell me why and I'll try to figure something out for you." I said. "Man I can't. She told me not to tell you." He said making me raise a brow. "She? Who is she?"

"My moms." He said referring to my Auntie. "What could she possibly be keeping from me? And why does she need money from me, she got a whole job." I said. "Look I don't have much time. Please just get me some money. By the end of this week." He said. "What, you owe her rent money or something?" I laughed. "I'm serious. I need the money."

"I'll see what I can do."

**Later That Day**

~Jessica POV

There was a knock on my bedroom door followed by it opening. I looked up seeing Mariah standing there. "I should slap whoever let you up here." I scoffed. "I just want to talk." She said. "You and Isaiah seem to want to talk a lot." I said laughing a little. "Can you just listen to me." She said walking in more.

"Please don't get any closer to me."

"What happened with Isaiah wasn't my fault. He came on to me." She said. "You expect me to believe that?" I asked. "I swear. I came over one day to drop something off for him and he started touching me. Asking me if I could make him feel better. I could have said no b-" I cut her off.

"Isaiah is an asshole for doing things with you. But I know for a fact that he didn't come on to you. You're a liar. A backstabber. A bitch. A hoe. And any other thing in the book. I'm not stupid Mariah." I said. "Jessica I'm sorry but you two weren't even together."

"But you knew how I felt about him!" I yelled. "You know I have feelings for him and for some stupid  reason, I still do. So you can take that "apology" and shove it up your ass." I said laying back down on my bed. "So what? We're done? We're not best friends anymore?"

"We stopped being best friends a long time ago Mariah. We've both just been putting up with each other and you know that." I scoffed. She laughed a little and walked out the room. I'm so sick of all these fake ass people in this rich ass town. They're all full of shit. I pulled out my phone and clicked on a contact.

"Hello."

"I know this is so random. But are you busy?" I asked.

"I was getting ready to go to a party. Why?"

"Can I come with you?"

"Sure. I'll be there in about an hour."

I hung up the phone and got in the shower.

**

After I got out the shower, I put on clothes. I put on a nude tube top and some high waisted jeans. I got a notification on my phone.

From Keaunte : Outside.
Delivered : 9:57 p.m.

I grabbed my purse and went outside. "Thank you for picking me up." I said to him as I got in the car. "No problem. Something wrong?" He asked.

"I just needed to get away for a while."

~Isaiah POV

I pulled up to the old fighting ring seeing a truck outside. There was two people taking things out from the inside and putting it in the back of the truck. "What's going on?" I asked. "They turning this place into some joint for at risk kids. We're moving the stuff out of it." One guy said. "There's another ring about two miles from here. Shit gets crazy on the weekends and they could use some of this stuff." He said. "You get money from it?" I asked.

"Man what. You get fucking bank doing that shit. I know one kid, won a ten thousand dollar bet. He's a fucking beast." He said. "Hm. And you said it's two miles from here?"

"Yeah. Take a right at that Quick Trip and it'll be a dirt road. Keep driving and you'll see a building. It's supposed to be a fight tonight in about twenty minutes. Better get there now." He said. I walked back to my car and pulled off.

**

I pulled up to the ring seeing a packed out parking lot. As I got closer to the doors you could hear the screaming from inside. I opened the doors and was stopped by two men. "What's your bet?" I looked down at the two buckets full of money that they were holding. I dropped a ten in one of the buckets not knowing who I betted against. They let me in and I saw two guys warming up. A smile crept on my face. I pulled my ringing phone out of my pocket.

It was Dre.

"I think I just find my way to money." I said answering the phone.

"I need you to come to Grady man."

"The hospital? For what?" I asked.

"I needed the money for my mom. She's sick in the hospital. And things just got worse."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋