sixteen

~Isaiah POV

"Well that's a good path to go down. You're going to need money to provide for this little family you've started." Jessica's mom said making my auntie look up. "I'm sorry, what did you mean by little family?"

"You don't know?"

"Know what? What the hell is going on?" She asked. "You didn't tell her?" Jessica whispered in my ear.

"Can somebody tell me what's going on?"

"Your son got my daughter pregnant." Jessica's dad said. "He what!" She yelled. "Auntie calm down." I said. "Auntie? This isn't your mother?" Jessica's mom asked. "No, I don't have a mother. Thats not the point right now."

"You got her pregnant Isaiah! Are you serious right now!"

"Can we talk about this at the house. Please." I said. "Aint nothing to talk about cause that girl ain't having that baby." My auntie said. "Who are you to tell my child what to do with her baby?" Her mom asked. "If I'm correct this is also my nephew's baby and I know for a fact he ain't ready to have no kid. So you're daughter isn't having that baby."

"I agree." Her dad said.

"Everybody stop. Please. This is my decision to make. So all your bickering and back and forth isn't going to make a difference." Jessica said getting irritated. "Isaiah let's go." My auntie said grabbing my arm. "Auntie hold on. Just let me talk to Jessica for a second." I said. "Fine. You got five minutes. I'll be waiting in the car."

"Let's go in my room." Jessica said. "Aht aht, no." Her mom said. "You two can talk in the living room."

"Mom seriously. It's five minutes, you really think we're about to do something? Especially with my parents in the house?"

"Fine. But five minutes only. If he isn't gone in five I'll be coming up there." She said. I followed Jessica upstairs to her room. "Why didn't you tell her about this?" She asked me. "I didn't want to tell her until I knew you were keeping it." I said. "So if I wasn't keeping it you wouldn't have told her?"

"What would be the point?"

"I don't even know what to do Isaiah? I know for a fact that I'm not ready for a kid right now. But like, what if I could actually give this kid everything in the world and be the best mother in the world." She sighed. "Well you never know. Which is why I'm not stressing you to have an abortion. I'm with your decision no matter what you choose."

"Ugh you're not helping Isaiah. I want your actual opinion." She said. "Just a few minutes ago you said nothing anybody say will make a difference."

"That was just so they could stop talking. This is your kid too, I need to know how you really feel. Please don't tell me it's up to me." She said. "Okay well I don't think you should have it. I don't want you to have it. Neither one of us are fit to become parents right now. Hell, I don't even like kids." I said making her laugh a little. "I just don't want to make the wrong decision."

"Trust me. You won't."

After making sure Jessica was good, I went outside getting in the car. I had to prepare myself to hear my Auntie mouth.

"PREGNANT ISAIAH! YOU GOT HER PREGNANT!" She yelled. "I'm right here, you ain't got to yell." I said pulling off. "Not right now Isaiah! I always let you speak your mind and say what you feel but right now, you gone shut the fuck up and listen to me." She said.

"First off, you embarrassed me. You let me walk into that house with no clue on why the hell her parents wanted to meet us. You may not see how humiliating that is, but trust me, it is. You made me look as if I don't know what's going on with your life. Secondly, I always tell you this. Do not have sex without protection. I tell you this every time you get a new lady friend. You always tell me that you understand but it's clear that you don't." She said. "What the fuck were you thinking?"

I didn't say anything.

"That wasn't rhetorical Isaiah."

"I wasn't thinking. Is that what the fuck you want to hear. We had sex after a party, I was half high off my ass and she was drunk. It's nothing I can do about it now."

**Next Day**

~Jessica POV

There was a knock at my bedroom door.

"Come in." I said. My door opened revealing my mom. "How you feeling today?" She asked. "Fine." I simply said. "Well I figured you could use a day without being yelled at. You up for lunch?" She asked. "Sure." I said with a small smile. "I'll be ready in an hour." She said before walking out. I got out my bed going into my bathroom. I ran my water for a shower and went into my closet to look for an outfit. It was a little cold outside today so I put on an all grey Nike sweat suit with some all white forces. I put my hair in a low slick back ponytail and put on some lashes.

"Ready." I said going down the steps. "Let's go." She said. We walked out getting in the car. "We can go to Calabar. I'm craving those jerk chicken nachos." My mom said. "Sounds good to me."

**

"We haven't really gotten time to catch up besides the whole pregnancy thing. Tell me about school." My mom said as we got seated at a table. "School is school. Dad is still stressing me about becoming the Valedictorian. That's the only thing he seems to care about in my life." I shrugged. "Well you know me. As long as you graduate I'm proud of you." She smiled.

There was an awkward silence.

"So um, Isaiah. Anything about him I should know about? You two dating?" She asked. "We're just friends right now." I said. "Just friends? But you two had sex so there has to be more to it right." She said. "Isaiah isn't really the relationship type."

"Do you think he likes you?" She asked. "That's not an easy question to answer."

"Well do you like him?"

"Once again, not an easy question to answer." I said laughing a little bit. "We got all the time in the world baby. Tell me about it."

"Sometimes I like him and then sometimes I really want to push him in front of a moving train." I said. "Wow, that was vulgar." She said. "Like when we first met. He was rude and acted like he didn't want to talk to anyone. I can't even count on two hands how many times we've argued over stupid stuff. I hated him. But then take this whole pregnancy as an example. The night where I slept at his house, he comforted me when I was crying. He laid with me until I fell asleep. He isn't trying to force me to do anything I don't want to do. If I want to keep the baby, he's down. If I don't want the baby, he's down. That's the part that makes me like him." I said.

"He seems like a good kid. He's got a bad attitude but then again what teenager doesn't." She said. "Heavy on that attitude part." I said laughing a little.

"Well um, back to the pregnancy, and I know you don't want to talk about it. But I want you to know that I support your decision no matter what. Now I know your father may not feel the same way but I could get him to understand." She said. "Well, actually, after talking to Isaiah last night, I did make my decision." I said. "Which is?"

"I'm keeping the baby."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋