thirty - seven

~Isaiah POV

"Okay class. Today we're going to knock out that big final that we've been prepping for all week." My teacher said walking in. "I'll give you about ten minutes to study in pairs and then we'll get to it."

I looked as Jessica walked towards me sitting down. "You've been a hard person to reach." I said to her. "Sorry, been busy." She shrugged. "Alright well I studied a l-" She cut me off. "I think that we should say fuck this test and walk out. There's a day party going on downtown." She smiled. "Jess this test is important."

"So?"

"When have you ever wanted to skip a test for a party?" I asked. "Ugh, don't be boring Isaiah. There's so many other things that we could be doing right now." She scoffed. "You been acting weird these last few days." I said. "Me? Acting weird? Weird how?"

"Nothing. Just forget I said something." I said. "Well I don't want to be here so I'm leaving." She said packing her bag. "You deadass right now?" I asked. "See you later." She said walking out. "Ms. Campbell!" The teacher yelled.

"I'll go get here." I said running out towards her. "Jessica what the fuck yo. What is you on right now?" I asked stopping her. "This is boring. I'd rather be having fun." She said trying to walk past me but I stepped in front of her. "Isaiah get out my way please." She sighed.

"Why?"

"Because I have better things to do. Like have fun." She said walking away.

~Jessica POV

"You actually ditched with me." Brent said as we got out the car. "Yeah well you said party. And having fun these past days have kept my mind straight." I said as we approached the doors to the party. "Welcome to Rooftop." The bouncer said.

"ID's please."

We flashed our fakes and walked into the party.

"Let's get fucked up!"

**Later On**

~Isaiah POV

"She just walked out of class?" Keaunte asked as I put my phone on speaker. "Yes bro. This is the same person I met four months ago who talked about being the top of the class and shit. The same girl who was mad about getting a ninety on a test."

"Yeah something is definitely going on."

"You should of seen her today. Her eyes were big as hell. Like she seen a ghost or something. I need to find out what's going on." I said. "Think we should stage an intervention?"

"That shit don't do nothing but make things worse. I'm bout to go see her. I'll call you back." I said. I grabbed my keys and went out to my car. I need to figure out what the fuck is going.

I pulled off making my way to Jessica's house.

**

"It's ten at night. It's a little late to he visiting." Jessica's mom said opening up the door. "I know I just needed to talk to Jessica about something. Is she home?" I asked. "Yep she's in her room." She said opening the door wider to let me in.

I walked up to her room knocking on the door.

"What." She said on the other side of the door. I opened the door seeing her sitting on her bed. "What are you doing here?" She asked. "What you taking?" I asked. "What are you talking about?"

"What fucking drugs are you on Jessica?"

"I'm not taking drugs. Why would you even question me on something like that?" She scoffed. "Where is it?" I asked rummaging through her drawers. "Isaiah stop it."