seventeen

~Jessica POV

"You're keeping it?" Mariah asked in disbelief. "Don't look so shocked." I said sarcastically. "I mean, I am a little. What made you want to have the baby?" She asked. "I don't know, it just feels like the right thing to do." I shrugged. "How do your parents feel about that?"

"Um, my mom just supports me through whatever. My dad still hasn't talked to me since he found out I was pregnant." I said. "And Isaiah?"

"He doesn't really know yet. I was going to go over his house later and talk about it with him." I said. "You think he's going to take it good?" She asked. "I mean, he said he's supporting my decision so I'm guessing he will. Lets just hope he does."

**After School**

"Mind if I come home with you? I need to talk to you about something before my dad puts me on house arrest for the rest of my life." I said approaching Isaiah. "Yeah, let me just holler ar Keaunte real quick. Here go the keys." He said handing them to me. "You just giving me your keys?" I asked. "Are you going to steal my car?" He asked making me raise a brow. "Exactly. I'll be out there in like five minutes." I took the keys and walked out to his car.

~Isaiah POV

"What you doing later?" I asked Keaunte. "Sliding through Kirkwood. Why?" He asked. "Let me ride with you. I need to talk shit with you later." I said. "Ight. I'll let you know when I'm leaving." He said. I dapped him up and then walked outside seeing Jessica standing there. "I told you to go the car."

"Well, I couldn't find it."

"Give me the keys yo." I said shaking my head. We walked to my car and got in.

**

"So, what's on your mind?" I asked as we sat on the couch. "I made my decision about the baby." She said making my heart drop. "Okay? What are you going to do?" I asked sitting up straight. "I'm keeping it." She said making me raise a brow. "What?"

"I'm keeping it."

"No, I heard what you said. I'm just confused on your decision." I said. "I thought you were going to support my decision." She said confused. "Yeah, when you implied you weren't keeping the fucking baby." I said. "When did I ever imply that I wasn't going to keep the baby?" She asked. "Uh I don't know, maybe when you kept saying you didn't want a baby at seventeen. Or when you said you weren't prepared to be a parent right now." I said. "So you don't support my decision?"

"No. I don't. How are you not understanding that?" I asked.

"I can't believe you right now. You sound like my father. I thought you were better than this." She scoffed. "And I thought you were fucking smarter than this. From the looks of it, you can barely handle yourself." I said. "What the hell is that supposed to mean?"

"It means what I said. You can barely even handle all the bullshit you got going in your life right now. With your loose screwed dad and your weird ass mother. If you're anything like them, I pray for that child." I said. "Oh really? And you think you know any better. Look where you came from." She said.

"My fucking point. Which is why you don't need to have the fucking baby. I am in no condition to care for no child, and neither are you." I said. "I can take care of a child perfectly fine." She said. "Well you have fun with that then."

"So what, you're not going to help me. This is your baby too Isaiah." She said. "A baby that I don't fucking want Jessica!" I yelled. "What part of that don't you understand bro." I scoffed. "I can't believe you right now. You were the one person I thought would be here for me during all this." She said walking out.

~Jessica POV

I walked into my house immediately going upstairs. I went into my room sitting on my bed as tears fell from my face. I could hear footsteps approaching my door and I wiped my tears quickly. I looked up seeing my dad. "If you're here to yell, you don't have to." I said. "I'm not here to yell at you." He said walking in and sitting on my bed.

"Why are you crying?"

"I'm not crying. I just want to do my homework and go to sleep." I said. "Your mom told me you were keeping the baby. You sure you ready for that type of commitment?" He asked. "Nobody seems to think I am." I shrugged. "I apologize for what I said to you. I shouldn't have called you out of your name. It was a heated moment." He said. "That's all that your apologizing for? Not for snooping in my room, or trying to force me to have an abortion? Or all that stuff you said about Isaiah?"

"I don't have to apologize for anything I said about him."

"Okay, dad. Thanks for your semi - back handed compliment." I said with a small smile. "All I'm saying is that taking care of a child isn't an easy task. And with your main focus on school, you don't have time for a kid." He said. "You've said that a million times dad. I get it, you don't think I can take care of a kid either."

"Either? Did somebody else say you couldn't?" He asked. "It doesn't matter anymore. Do you mind, I need to get started on my work."

**Next Day**

It was lunch time, and Isaiah and I have yet to speak to each other today. "Attention students." Mr. Walker said getting on the mic. "With homecoming being two weeks away, our Student Government Association has come up with a theme. Casino Royale." He said causing noise to come from the crowd. "Before you get to asking, there won't be any gambling. But you can buy your tickets at the table over there. They'll be available until next Wednesday."

"Homecoming! I'm so excited." Mariah said. "So to fit the bad bitch persona, I think I'm going to wear red or black." She said. "I'm going to find an all white tux. I'm gone kill this shit." Brent said. "What you wearing Jess?"

"I'm not going." I said making both of them look at me. "Why aren't you going?" Mariah asked. "I guarantee you it's because of that Isaiah dude." Brent scoffed. "No, it's not. I just don't feel the need to go." I shrugged. "Whatever. I'm going to the bathroom." He said getting up.

"Be real with me Jess, why aren't you going?" Mariah asked once Brent left the table. "I wanted to go with Isaiah but I don't think we'll be speaking to each other for a while now." I shrugged. "Did he not take the news well?" She asked. "No, he didn't. Words were exchanged and I don't want anything to do with him right now." I said. "Screw him. You can go with me." She said.

"I'll think about it." I said.

After lunch I walked into my fourth period and sat down. I could hear a group of students behind me gossiping about something. I was minding my business until I heard the word gun. "What did you guys just say?" He asked turning around. "You know that Ronnie kid?" The girl asked making me nod. "Well you know those kids were messing with him the other day and people are saying he brought a gun to school today." They said.

"Are you serious? Is nobody going to tell anybody?" I asked. "I mean, it's just a rumor. I don't want to tell on the guy and it's not even true." She said. I looked around the room realizing Isaiah wasn't in the class yet. "Ms. Jenna, can I use the restroom?" I asked. "You know the rules Jessica. No leaving for the first fifteen minutes." She said. I looked out in the hallway seeing kids passing the door. The bell rung and Ms. Jenna got up closing the door and Isaiah still wasn't here.

~Third Person POV

Back in the front office, Ronnie walked inside with his backpack. "Ronnie you supposed to be in class right now, you know that." The office lady said. Instead of responding, he started pacing back and forth. "Ronnie, you okay?" She asked.

"L-Lockdown." He mumbled. "You got to speak up baby, I can't hear you." She said confused. He went into his bookbag pulling out the gun. "I SAID LOCKDOWN!" He yelled pointing the gun.

"Attention all students and staff members. This is a Level 3 lockdown. I repeat, this is a Level 3 lockdown and this is not a drill."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋