forty - three

~Keaunte POV

"You still haven't heard from him?" I asked Jess as I was ringing up a customers shoes. "No, I haven't. He definitely blocked me." She said. "Well you know, my job isn't the new hang out spot. You've been coming here for the past two days."

"Well I can't go to school yet, I'm doing work online. I have nothing else to do."

"My boss thinks I went straight, he thinks you're my girlfriend." I said shaking my head. "Has Isaiah come to school?"

"Yep. I told you, he's avoiding you, not the world." I said. "Have you talked to him about me?" She asked. "I'm not even supposed to be talking TO you. That's violating him, but you're lonely."

"Shut up Keaunte."

"I'm just saying." I shrugged. "What do you think I have to do to get his attention?" She asked. "Tell him you're pregnant." I said. "I'm not about to lie to him for his attention." I scoffed. "Well yall better make up ASAP. My birthday party is tomorrow night and I don't need yall negativity at my shit."

"Party? What party?"

"Wooooowww, you forgot about my birthday." Keaunte said shaking his head. "I did not. I just don't remember you talking about a birthday party."

"Well get ready. Cause you and Isaiah are both invited."

~Isaiah POV

"Okay so I tried a new recipe. I'm not sure how it's going to taste." My mom said sitting a plate down in front of me. "Don't try to kill me now."

"I'm not, I'm not."

I picked up the fork trying the food.

"It's not that bad, I'll give you that." I said as a smile crept across her face. "Still ain't topping the other meal you made two days ago."

"Are you going to say that about everything?" She asked. "Yeah, pretty much." I said. My phone vibrated letting me know I got a notification.

From Dre : I'm outside.
Delivered : 12:17 p.m

"Aye I'll see you later. I got some things to do today." I said. "Oh, okay. Be careful." She said. I walked out the house going out to Dre's car.

"Who's house is this?" He asked once I got in the car. "Nobody important. Pull off." I said. Staying with my mom wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. The first two days she made me want to jump off a fucking cliff. But we had a conversation, about everything. Since the day she ruined my life until now. We came to a general understanding and we've been able to get to know each other a little more.

"So what'd you want to meet about?" I asked.

"It's done." He said making me raise a brow. "What's done?" I asked confused on what he was talking about. "The niggas who shot your girl."

"Jessica." I said. "What?"

"You referred to her as my girl, it just Jessica. But thank you though."

"The hell. I must've missed a couple of episodes." He said looking over at me. "It's not important. We just not on speaking terms anymore." I shrugged. "You fucked up again?"

"Why you automatically assume Im the fuck up? Because I wasn't." I scoffed. "Okay then what did she do?" He asked. "Remember Joshua, they kissed. And she didn't stop him."

"So."

"Nigga so? That's fucking cheating." I said. "I mean yeah technically. But didn't you fuck her best friend?"