nine

~Jessica POV

I walked back in the cafeteria approaching Mariah. "What the hell Mariah." I said making her raise a brow. "You told his business. Why would you do that?" I asked. "I mean, you told first." She shrugged.

"With the thought that you would keep your big ass mouth shut." I said. "Look, sorry if that messed up your little friendship. I didn't mean for that to happen." She said. "I can't believe you right now."

~Isaiah POV

"ISAIAH AHMAD WASHINGTON!" My auntie yelled walking in the house. I paused the TV preparing to hear her nag at me.

"You got suspended Isaiah." She said walking into the living room. "It's only for three days Auntie." I sighed. "I don't give a fuck if it was for three hours. I am spending money on you to go to this school s-" I cut her off. "Money I didn't ask you to spend.

"Don't interrupt me. I'm spending money so you can learn Isaiah. So you can graduate and do something with your life. Not so you can end up like the rest of the family, serving time in a cell or a casket." She said. "He brought up my mother."

"I don't give a damn what he brought up. You can't start fighting people every time they say something to you Zay." She sighed.

"I hear you."

"Do you? Because this aint our first time having this conversation. You need to learn how to control yourself. You have been kicked out of too many schools because of your temper Isaiah." She said. "You done yet?" I asked.

"Do something productive on these three days. You understand me?" She asked. "Yeah yeah." I said. She left leaving me in the house alone. I pulled out my phone calling Dre.

"You calling me? Thats weird." He asked answering the phone.

"I need a relaxer." I said.

"You still do that? I was starting to think you was too good for that." He said.

"I do it time to time. You got it for me or what?"

"I'll be there in half an hour."

**

My doorbell rung and I opened it seeing Dre. "You got my shit?" I asked. "Good evening. How are you?" He asked sarcastically. "We not here to make small talk."

"I put it on this shit. We hitting this bitch together nigga." He said walking past me going in the house. "My moms told me you got suspended. You still aint changed huh." He said sitting on the couch. "Yeah well, if you talking shit you got to back it up. He couldn't back it up now he got to take a trip to the dentist." I shrugged.

"Aint you posed to be down there being sophisticated and shit. No fighting." He said lighting the blunt and hitting it. "Who the fuck ever said that? I didn't want to go the school in the first place. Stop hogging nigga." I said taking the blunt away.

"You know, word on the street is Keaunte out of alternative school. Folks saying he coming up here with you." He said making me raise a brow. "Man Keaunte aint coming up here even if its the last option." I scoffed. "I'm deadass bro. He coming up there."

"Yeah okay."

After about two hours and two blunts, I was geeked. "I'll see you." Dre said before leaving. Before closing the door, I seen a car pulling up. It was Jessica. "What's the problem?" I asked. "Well I wanted to check in on you after today." She said. "You did enough checking in don't you think?" I asked. "I'm sorry okay. I've said it a million times. You'd know that if you checked your phone."

"You think I want a fucking apology from you?" I asked her. "You told my business Jessica. Now the whole fucking school knows." I scoffed. "I didn't tell the school, Mariah told the school." She said trying to make sense of it. "Really. And who told Mariah?"