~Jessica POV

"Wait, wait, wait so you mean to tell me that you sung Nicki Minaj at your fifth grade graduation?" Isaiah said trying to control his laughter. "I forgot the song that I had to sing for my solo so I just improvised." I said laughing. "That's some crazy shit." He said shaking his head.

"Minus the scary looks and the quote on quote bad boy demeanor you give off, you're a cool person."

"Thanks, I guess."

"I got to head back home before my dad starts blowing up my phone." I said looking at the time. I had been over here for a few hours now and we finished up our project. "Ight. See you on Monday." He said. I walked out going to my car. Being around Isaiah for that long made me realize he's not as bad as I thought. I pulled off making way back home.

**Next Day**

~Isaiah POV

I pulled up to my auntie house going inside. "Hey baby. How you doing today?" She asked as I sat on the couch. "I'm doing good. I got a gift for you." I said. I didn't need that money from the fight. I wanted it so my auntie could have it.

"A gift for me? This is a new." She said with a smile. I pulled out the envelope handing it to her. "Isaiah what the hell? Where did you get all of this cash from?" She asked. "I've been working auntie. I'm holding on to my promise."

"Isaiah I told you to stop promising me that. I don't need you wasting your money on buying me no house or car or none of that."

"Auntie. Take the money, please." I said. "What job is paying you all this?" She asked. "Don't worry about that."

"You out there selling drugs?"

"Come on now mama you know Zay moved out there with the white folks. He to proper to be selling drugs." My cousin Dre said coming down the steps. "Dre fuck you."

"Oh he's mad."

"Not yet. Keep testing me and see."

"What you gone do bitch."

"Both of yall shut the hell up. Gone bout yo business Deandre before I whoop yo ass." My auntie said. "Pussy." He said looking me up and down before walking out. When I moved here with my auntie, Dre and I hated each other. He swear I was trying to play the son of the house and he wasn't getting no attention. Now every time I visit, he always trying to start shit.

"Keep the money auntie. I'll see you later." I said getting up. "Don't you let Dre run you out this house." She said. "I got stuff to do anyway. Love you." I walked back to my car and left.

~Jessica POV

"Can't believe you stealing my man." Mariah said sitting on my bed. "Well if you didn't go out of town y'all would still be partners. Plus, I don't want him. That's still your "man." I said with air quotes. "So you went to his house? How was it, y'all had sex?"

"Mariah. I'm not like you. I went over there for school purposes. That's it."

"So nothing else happened?" She asked looking at me. "I mean we talked. I got to know him a little better." I shrugged. "Well spill the tea."

"His life is sad to be honest. He lost his parents. I feel for him." I said. "I could comfort him in all the right places." She said making me laugh. "You just nasty."

"Girl I need me some him in my my life."

"What you need is some Jesus."

"You can't tell me if you had the opportunity to lay down with him you wouldn't do it." She said. "I mean he's cute b-" She cut me off. "Cute is for puppies. That man is fine."

"Cute, fine whatever. I wouldn't lay down with him. He's just not my type." I shrugged. "Whatever you say."

~Isaiah POV

*Later That Night*

I walked out the store putting my bags in the trunk of my car. I looked around getting the feeling that somebody was watching me. I got in my car pulling off making my way home.

**

When I pulled up to the house, I seen a car in my driveway. I recognized it, it was Dre.

"What." I said getting out the car as he did the same. "Looks like you're keeping the house on its feet." He said. "You didn't come here for that. What do you want?" I asked already annoyed with his presence. "My mama wanted me to come and apologize for earlier." He said.

"You can keep it." I said walking past him trying to get in the house. "You know our mothers are so much alike. You know your mom would have wanted you to take the apology."

"Well they were sisters for one so of course they're fucking alike. And please, keep her out of this situation." I said. "Look man I aint mean what I said. I know you struggle just like the rest of us alright."

"Cool. You done?" I asked making him laugh a little. "You so stuck up man." He said shaking his head. "I got school in the morning, its ten o'clock. I need sleep so you can go."

"Whatever Zay." He got back in his car and drove off. I unlocked the door and walked back to my car so I could get the stuff out my trunk. I heard a car pull up followed by the door opening. "Dre I told you I don't want to talk yo you right now."

"Wrong mutha fucka." A voice said. I turned around and everything went black.

~Jessica POV

*Next Day*

"Alright so you all will be performing your scenes today. I'll give you about ten minutes of rehearsal time before we get started."

I looked around noticing Isaiah wasn't here. I pulled out my phone texting him.

Sent : We're rehearsing our scenes today. You coming to school?
Delivered : 8:16 a.m

"No lover today?" Mariah said sitting down next to me. "I haven't seen him today. You?" I asked. "Nope. I just got here." She said. "Might as well had stayed with Marcus. At least he came to school today." I said looking at the guy I was working with before. "Let's just improvise a scene real quick. You know Mr. Walker won't mind." She said.

*After School*

Isaiah never showed up to school and he never texted back.
"Mariah you got plans today?" I asked approaching her locker. "Netflix and my bed." She said. "Well good. Can you ride with me to Isaiah's house. I want to make sure he's okay."

"Really Jess. He missed a day of school, we all have." I said. "But he didn't text me back and I'm getting a weird feeling. You know I'm never wrong about those." I said. "Fine. I'll go." She grabbed her stuff and we walked out to my car.

"You really like this dude huh?" She asked. "Who said that?"

"Look at you. Playing wonder woman just to make sure he's okay." She said. "Shut up."

**

I pulled up to his house.

"Damn this shit is huge." Mariah said in awe. "I know right." We got out the car. "Well his car is in the driveway." She said. "Yeah with the trunk open. Thats weird." I said. I approached the door knocking and it opened. "Isaiah!" I called out. "Okay, his trunk is open and his door is open, that's weird."

"Something's wrong."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋