twenty-one

~Isaiah POV

"You mutha fuckas." Keaunte said walking through the backdoor with Mariah in front of him. "It's not what it looks like." Mariah said. "Try Jesus not me. I ain't stupid." He said. "Y'all grimy as hell yall know that right." He said. "We wasn't doing nothing this time. She was just helping me with something." I said.

"Helping you with what?"

"It don't concern you. Why are you even here?" I asked. "Because I seen my dear friend Jessica at the mall today. You want to know what she asked me? She asked if I had heard from you today because she'd been calling you all morning. And I proceeded to say, thats weird because I called him too and he didn't answer. But you're a morning person so I know you're up. You want to know what she said after that? She said "that's crazy, so is Mariah and she's not answering either." Then that made me think, I remember walking in on my best friend fucking his girlfriend's best friend the day before so they must be together again. But I was really hoping I was tripping. Clearly I'm not."

"Mariah, you can go now." I said looking at her. She got up and left. "Not even 24 hours ago you was just telling me how you was falling for Jessica. But you knockin da boots with her friend. How that work bro?" He scoffed sitting down. "It don't matter what I do. I'm not in a relationship." I shrugged. "I got to keep reminding myself that you don't know how this shit work. Let the love guru talk his shit."

"You not no damn love guru."

"In this friendship, I am. Now most of the time when two people like each other, they date. You and Jessica like each other. Y'all skipped the dating phase and went straight to baby making. Yesterday she spent all day with you. She know about that shit with ya moms. I mean, you took her to the hood bro. What the fuck Mariah do for you? Suck you up and get you shot." He said. "You telling me shit that I know already."

"So then act like you know it bruh. Call your fucking girl back bro. And if you fuck Mariah again, I'm snitching in this hoe." He said before leaving.

~Jessica POV

I had been blowing up Isaiah's phone all morning and I still wasn't getting a response. It was going on 10:30 and the clinic was like 45 minutes away. If I wanted to make it there on time I needed to leave now. "Damn you still here?" Keaunte said approaching me on a bench. "I'm heading out now. I was waiting on Isaiah to call me back before I went to the clinic but it's getting too late for that." I shrugged standing up.

"Uh, I actually got in touch with Isaiah. He told me something came up so I'll just go with you." He said. "I can't ask you to do that. I'll be fine going on my own." I said. "You don't have to ask me. Any person close with Isaiah is close with me. I'll just wait outside in the parking lot." He said. "Aren't you supposed to be working though?"

"Man fuck that job. They can kiss my ass." He scoffed making me laugh a little. "Fine. As long as you're okay with it." We walked out to his car and I gave him the address for the clinic.

**After The Appointment**

"How ya feeling?" Keaunte asked when I got back in the car. "Uh, I don't really know right now." I said. "I don't feel bad but it's not the happiest feeling in the world." I shrugged. "You know what would make you happier, food." He said starting the car and pulling off. "Keaunte you don't have to take me to get food." I said.

"I want to. I can't just let you go home feeling any type of way." He said. "Are you just being nice to me because of Isaiah?" I asked. "Fuck that nigga. Ole dumb ass." He scoffed. "You two fighting?" I asked. "Nah nothing like that. He's just fucking stupid. But that's nothing I should be getting into right now." He said. "You like Shake Shack?"