thirteen

~Jessica POV

"What was so important that you couldn't tell me over the phone?" Mariah asked as I let her in the house. "I'm not feeling too good." I said pacing back and forth. "Um, yeah you have a stomach bug. You get it every year, for some odd reason." She said.

"I'm late."

"Late for what?"

"No Mariah, my period is late." I said still not getting a reaction out of her. "I think I'm pregnant Mariah!" I said making her laugh a little. "Jess, just because aunt flow skipped town doesn't mean your pregnant. Plus, you have to have sex to get pregnant. You're a virgin, remember." She said.

"About that."

"Waittt! You had sex!" She said. "Keep your voice down Adrianna is upstairs." I said. "Who did you have sex with?"

"Isaiah."

"Oh my gooosshh! Was it good girl?" She asked. "Mariah focus. I could be pregnant." I said. "Right, sorry. I'll call my sister and tell her to bring a pregnancy test over."

~Isaiah POV

I pulled up to fighting ring checking to make sure nobody was around. Since no one was around here anymore, I've been getting the perfect opportunities to blow off steam. I grabbed my gloves and walked inside.

The past two weeks have been, weird. I haven't talked to anybody since the dinner. Haven't talked to Jessica. Haven't even talked to my auntie. I took off my hoodie walking over to the punching bag.

"Figured I could find you here." A voice said making me turn around. Speaking of the devil, it was my auntie. I ignored her and went away to punching the bag. "You know you're not supposed to be here after what happened to Raymond." She said but I continued to ignore her.

"Isaiah baby, look at me." She said grabbing my arm before I could throw my next punch. "I am sorry. I didn't think that dinner would go like that." She said making me laugh. "You brought my mother into my house. The same lady who traumatized me for the rest of my life. Did you think the dinner was going to be all cool and calm?" I scoffed.

"Of course not. But I didn't think you were going to spiral the way you did. I mean, you offered her drugs Isaiah." She said. "Surprised she didn't take them."

"We can't go on like this Isaiah. I won't make you talk to her again. But me and you, we can't just ignore each other for the rest of our lives." She said. "I wasn't planning on it."

"Well that's good to hear. I thought I was going to have to stage and intervention to get you talk to me." She said laughing a little. "If you don't mind auntie, I need to get back to my anger management lessons."

~Jessica POV

"The results are back." I said. "What does it say? Are you pregnant?" Mariah asked. "I'm too scared to look. What if I'm actually pregnant. My dad will kill me." I said. "Well there's only one way to figure that out."

I looked at the test.

"It's negative." I said confused. "Why you look upset?"

"Because why did I miss my period if I'm not pregnant." I said. "I'm not sure, but now that you're not pregnant, tell me how the sex was." She smiled.

**Next Day**

I walked into first period sitting down next to Mariah. "You look like you're still sick girl." She said. "Thanks for the compliment." I said sarcastically. "You sure that stomach flu gone?"

"Yes, positive." I said. I looked over seeing Isaiah. We still haven't spoken after the words we exchanged. "So what, you too don't mess with each other anymore?"