twenty - six

**Later That Night**

~Jessica POV

"It's pretty late for you to be calling me." Keaunte said answering the phone. "It's only seven o'clock. Have you seen this fighting thing with Isaiah yet? It's all over social media." I said. "Oh yeah. Everybody from Kirkwood finna be there to see him back in action. I heard the nigga he fighting is the best out of his city too." He said. "Yeah. That's my ex Joshua."

"Your ex? I thought you only dated preppy white boys." He said laughing. "This isn't a joke. Joshua's dad was like a professional MMA fighter." I said. "Well Isaiah a professional whoop that ass fighter. If you want to come I'll be leaving in like ten minutes." He said. "Get me on your way there. I'll be ready."

~Isaiah POV

"You think you got what it takes to beat him?" Dre asked. "I didn't bring you here to question me. If you gone do that then get the fuck out." I said lacing up my shoes. "My bad. Just want to make sure you good." He said. "I'm great. How thick is the crowd?" I asked. "Man thick as hell. Probably bout a thousand people out there." I said. "What about money. What the bets looking like?"

"It's about nine g's on this Joshua nigga. Like two on you. If you win this fight nigga that's eleven g's in one fucking night. That's almost half for the bypass surgery bro." He said making me smile a little. "Won't be no if's. This nigga bout to meet his match."

I finished getting ready and put my mouth guard in.

"Showtime mutha fucka."

I walked out into the ring and Dre wasn't lying. There was so many people out here. I looked around the crowd seeing a section full of people from Kirkwood. Seeing all of them put a hint of adrenaline in my body.

"Let's make some fucking money."

~Jessica POV

"I hope you don't think you about to stop this fight." Keaunte said as we pulled into the place. "I'll try everything in my power to do so." I said. "You gone fuck around and get your self killed in the process." He scoffed. "Look. I know both of them, they'll listen to me."

"You ever read on of those Wattpad books where the preppy white bitch tries to go stop the hood nigga from fighting and they say that bullshit ass line like "I know him he's not like this?" He asked. "That's what you remind me of right now."

"Keaunte...what?"

"Nothing." He said shaking his head as we got out the car. We walked into the building being stopped by two men. "Who you betting on?" One of them asked. Keaunte pulled out a stack of cash putting it into a bucket with Isaiah's name on it. "And you?" The guy asked looking over at me. "Do I have to bet?"

"If you want to get pass these doors you do."

I went in my purse searching for money. "There. Five dollars on Isaiah." I said. They opened the doors letting us in. "Five dollars my nigga. Really?"

"I wasn't prepared to spend money. Where'd you get all that money from?" I asked. "From pooky ray ray nem."

"What the hell t-" He cut me off. "It's a joke Jessica. I was taking bets before I left to get you. All that came from people me and Isaiah grew up with. Now let's watch this fight." He said. I looked up seeing Isaiah talking to some guy in the ring. "Who's that?" I asked. "His cousin, Dre. Apparently after Raymond, this his new manager or some shit."

The bell rung making people in the crowd yell. "WELCOME LADIES AND GENTLEMEN!" A guy yelled with a mic. "I won't waste your time more than I already have, we're going to jump right into this. Standing in this corner, we have 5'11 JC with an undefeated record. And in this corner, we have new comer, standing at 6'1, Zay!" He yelled.