forty - five

~Jessica POV

Of course I wasn't going anywhere with this guy, I'm not stupid. I just knew telling Isaiah that would piss him off. I walked out the bathroom looking around for Keaunte. "There's the birthday boy." I said approaching him. "I'm about to get going." I said. "So soon? It's only midnight."

"I have a couple things to do tomorrow before they let me go back to school Monday." I said. "Alright, alright. Go home then. Drive safe." He said. I walked out going to my car. "Leaving so soon beautiful?" I heard a voice say. I turned around seeing the guy from earlier.

"Oh, yeah. Got some errands to run tomorrow, don't want to be out too late." I said with a small smile. "I understand. I was hoping I could get your number. Maybe I could take you out sometime, you single?" He asked me. I peeped Isaiah coming out of the building as him and I locked eyes for the millionth time tonight.

"Yep, single as ever. Here's my number, you can text me, maybe we can do something Sunday." I said. "Ight bet. I'll text you then." He said with a small smile before walking off. I got into my car and drove home.

~Isaiah POV

I walked back into the party cruising the crowd. "I was hoping to catch you before you left." I felt someone tap my arm. I turned around seeing the girl from earlier. "Wassup?"

"You are single ... right?" She asked looking me up and down. "I might be? Depends on your next question." I said with a small smile. "Take my number. Maybe we could hang out sometime." She said.

"How about you take mine. Text me whenever you want to do something." I said. "That works."

I gave her my number and left for the night.

**Next Day**

I woke up grabbing my phone off the dresser.

From (404) 436 - 3646 : Hey, this is Isis from the party last night.
Delivered : 11:17 a.m

Sent : Wassup
Read : 12:02 p.m

From (404) 436 - 3646 : Are you busy today?
Delivered : 12:03 p.m

Sent : Nah not that I know of. You trynna do something?
Read : 12:03 p.m

From (404) 436 - 3646 : Yeah. There's a fair that opens today.
Delivered : 12:04 p.m

Sent : Sure. What time?
Read : 12:05 p.m.

From (404) 436 - 3646 : We can go at five if you'd like.
Delivered : 12:05 p.m

Sent : Bet. Text me your address. I'll lyk when I'm otw to get you.
Read : 12:06 p.m

From (404) 436 - 3646 : That works. 573 Glenwood Rd.
Delivered : 12:06 p.m

I locked my phone staring at the ceiling dreading getting out of bed. It's Saturday, a boring ass Saturday. I got out the bed digging through the suitcase that I brought to my moms house. I've been contemplating when I wanted to go back home. Being here kept me away from all the bullshit. Knowing I couldn't walk downstairs the way I slept, I grabbed a hoodie and some basketball shorts and walked downstairs.

"Good morning." My mom said as I walked through the kitchen. "Morning." I said grabbing a bottle of water. "Where you headed?"

"Dre supposed to meeting me at the park up the street, I'm just going to walk up there. I'm going out with a friend later so who knows when I'll be home." I shrugged. "How was the party last night? Anything happen with your lady friend?"