forty - two

~Jessica POV

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't have done that." Joshua said backing up. I couldn't say anything. "I'm just going to go."

When he opened the door, I felt my heart literally drop to the pit of my stomach. Isaiah was standing in the doorway. He stood there looking between Joshua and I. "Isaiah." I said. He laughed a little and walked away.

~Isaiah POV

"Isaiah hold on." Joshua said grabbing my shoulder. I turned around punching him in his shit. "Don't you ever in yo fucking life put yo hands on me." I walked off going in my car.

I can't believe this shit.

I got in my car and shortly after, my phone started ringing. It was Jessica. I declined it and pulled off. I can't keep doing this. I always get close to somebody just for them to fuck me over. I pulled out my phone.

"You calling me. This is new." She said answering the phone.

"Don't start with the bullshit. I need you to send me your address, I need to get away for a while. Can I crash with you or not?" I asked.

"Of course you can. I'll be sending it now." I hung up the phone waiting for the notification to come through. Once I got it, I pulled off making my way there.

**

~Jessica POV

"It's been three days. Everything should be fine right." My mom said as she paced back and forth in my hospital room. "Mom, I told you I gained control in my legs again."

"But you also said you could feel them giving out on you while you were walking last night." My dad said. "Good morning." My doctor said walking in. "Please tell us good news doctor." My mom said.

"Good news, yes I do. I told you the chances of the body shock was slim, but not zero. Your daughter is apart of that slim chance. After watching her for the last forty - eight hours, she seems to be fine."

"Can you explain the weakness that she experiences?" My dad asked. "Its symptoms of the body shock. That may continue for a while but if you follow your weekly visits to the physical therapist that I requested and you come see me every week, things should get better."

"So that's it? I can go home now?" I asked. "Yes ma'am you can. The papers have been signed and you are good too. Please stay safe and I will see you all next week." He said before walking out.

"Baby, this is great news why aren't you smiling?" My mom asked. "I'm just ... tired. Can you guys give me a minute please." I said. "Everything okay?"

"Everything is fine. I just need a minute to call someone."

"Alright. We'll be waiting outside." They walked out leaving me alone. I pulled out my phone and called Isaiah for the twentieth time in the past few days.

"The number you are trying to reach is unavailable. At the tone-" I hung up the phone letting out a sigh. I've been calling and texting him for these past three days and haven't been getting any answer.

I feel like shit.

I need to go see him.

I touched the necklace that he gave me with nothing but him running through my mind.

"Finished your call?" My dad said as I got in the car. "I didn't get an answer. Can you stop me by Isaiah's house, I need to take him something. I'll only be a minute." I said. "Alrighty."

We pulled off as I gave them his address.

**

"Is he home?" My mom asked as we pulled up to his house and didn't see his car. "Wait here." I got out the car knocking on his door and ringing his doorbell hoping to get an answer but I didn't. There was one other place I could go.