thirty - one

~Isaiah POV

"Well, I don't know how you did it, but you did it." The doctor said. "So what's next?" Dre asked. "We can have your mother in surgery by noon." He said. "Thank you so much."

"No problem. You two can go in and get your last few words before the big surgery." He said before walking off. We walked into my aunts room sitting down. "It's ten in the morning. What you two doing here?" She asked. "We got good news." Dre said smiling ear to ear. "Aw hell. What y'all done did." She said shaking her head. "We got the money for your surgery. They said you can get it this afternoon." I said.

"Now I done told you not to go out there worrying yourself about me." She said. "It wasn't just us. Jessica and Keaunte did this little fundraiser and raised hella money for you." I said. "The whole Kirkwood came through for you mama." Dre said grabbing her hand. You could see the tears forming in her eyes. "I'm scared for this surgery." She said. "Don't be. You're strong enough to beat this." I said reassuring her.

"I hope so."

~Jessica POV

"Well I'm about to head out." I said standing up. "Ohhh you're going on you're date." Keaunte said. "What date?" Isaiah said walking into the lobby. "You talk a lot." I said looking at Keaunte who was laughing. "And it's not a date, I'm just going to hang out with Joshua. Nothing serious." I shrug.

"She was smiling at the fundraiser." Keaunte whispered to Isaiah. "I really don't like you." I sighed. "It's not a date Isaiah."

"I don't care." He shrugged sitting down. "Are you mad?" I asked. "I got other things to worry about then you going on a date with a nigga I beat up. Go have fun." He said. I laughed a little and walked out.

"Thought you were bailing on me again." Joshua said as I got in his car. "I told you we just got caught with some things last night. There will be no interruptions today, just you and me." I said as we pulled off. "We still going to that arcade?" I asked. "Actually, I got a different plan." He said. "Which is?" I asked. "I'd rather keep that element of surprise." He smirked.

**

Time passed by and we pulled up to a hotel.

"What exactly are we doing here?" I asked. "I figured we could have something more of one on one time." He said turning off the car. We got out and walked up to his room. "Oh wow, this is nice." I said as we walked into the room. There was candles lit, rose petals and little snacks on the bed. "You think so? I tried my hardest to find things that I know you used to like." He said.

"No this is wonderful. It's been a while since someone has done something special like this for me." I said as we sat down. "Do you ever wonder what would have happened if I stayed? If I didn't graduate early?" He asked. "Now that you've been back, I've thought about it a little more." I said. "We would have still been together. Maybe even started our own little family." He said smiling. "I think it's still a little too early." I said laughing a little. "You thought about having a family with Isaiah?" He asked.

"Let's not talk about him right now."

"It's okay, I already know the half. People talk when you ask questions." He said making me raise a brow. "What are you trying to say?" I asked. "I know he got you pregnant." He said. "And you decided to bring it up on a date that you asked me out on? I should've never come here." I said about to get up but he stopped. "I'm sorry. Alright that was dumb for me to even bring up." He sighed.

"You think?"

"Look just stay right here. I got something for you in the bathroom." He said getting up. I pulled out my phone.