fourteen

~Jessica POV

"What am I supposed to do. My dad is going to kill me." I said looking between Mariah and Isaiah. "Y'all didn't use a condom? Even I know better than that." Mariah said. "It was a crazy night. A condom was the last thing on my mind." Isaiah said. "Okay Ms. Campbell. You're free to go."

"You didn't tell my dad right?"

"Considering you're a minor we did have to contact him so he is aware of what happened." The doctor said. "He is going to kill me." I said. "Just breathe. Maybe they didn't tell him everything." Mariah said.

"Highly doubt that."

**

After getting discharged from the hospital, Isaiah drove me home. "I'll um, call you when I get home." Isaiah said as we pulled into my driveway. I didn't even say anything to him. I grabbed my bag and got out the car. My dad was home and I had to prepare myself for the worst.

I walked into the house trying to hurry upstairs.

"Not so fast." My dad said stopping me mid-way. "Hey dad. You're home early." I said. "Care to explain this?" He said pulling out a pregnancy test box. "Where did you find that?" I asked. "It was in your trash can."

"You were in my room?"

"That's not the point. Why are you taking pregnancy tests?" He said. "Why does anybody take a pregnancy test." I mumbled sitting down. "So you're having sex now? Another bad thing this new boy has brought to you." He said.

"First off, he hasn't forced me to do anything that I didn't want to do so leave him out of this." I said. "We made a promise Jessica. You made a promise. You were going to focus on school and become Valedic-" I cut him off. "Is that all you fucking care about!" I yelled.

"You watch your mouth when you're talking to me. I'm trying to save you and make sure you graduate and do something with your life." He said. "And you think I jeopardized that by living my life? Yeah, I got pregnant because of a slip up. It happens dad, I'm not perfect." I said. "But I raised you to be perfect. And getting pregnant at seventeen is not how you do that. Now I have to scrap up some money to handle this."

"Money? Money for what?"

"You think you're about to become a parent right now? I will not allow it." He said. "Who are you to tell me what to do with this baby?" I asked. "I am your father."

"But you're not this baby's father. You can't force me to do anything." I said. "If you think you're about to have a baby in this house then you can think again." He said. "I'm your child. You can't do that to me."

"My child wouldn't be acting like a hoe at seventeen." He said making me heart drop. "I can't believe you just said that." I said. "Go to your room. And don't come out until I tell you to." I went upstairs making sure to slam my door.

**

I haven't left my room since I've gotten home and it's going on eight o'clock. I won't go downstairs and I refuse to stay in this house tonight and deal with my dad. I opened my door looking around seeing my little sisters door open.

"Adrianna." I said. A few seconds later she came out her room. "I heard you and dad yelling earlier." She said walking in my room. "Yeah. I need you to do something for me." I said.

"Give me five dollars." "

You're annoying." I said giving her five dollars. "Go downstairs and tell him you need to go to the store." I said. "Go to the store for what?"

"I don't know. Just say you want some snacks or something, he'll take you. I just need about ten minutes by myself." I said. "Fine." She walked out my room.