twenty - nine

~Jessica POV

"Eight thousand dollars. We just made eight fucking grand." Keaunte said in shock. "I told you this was going to work. With all the games they played and the clothes that we sold, we were going to get some money." I smiled. "So you want me to drop off the money o-" I cut him off. "No, don't drop it off. Let's do this one more time tomorrow and if we make what we made today, then he should reach his goal." I said. "Alright. Well I'll see you tomorrow." He said before walking off.

~Isaiah POV

I was getting ready to go to bed when I heard my doorbell ring. "Why are you here?" I asked opening the door seeing Mariah standing there. "I wanted to talk to you." She said. "At one in the morning?" I asked. "Listen can we talk or not?" She asked. "Yeah I guess." I said. She was about to walk in but I stopped her. "We can talk outside." I said. I walked outside and sat down.

"What brings you to my house this late?"

"I wanted to make things right between us. I tried to go to Jessica's house today but her parents said she was gone." She said. "There's nothing to make right. I don't have a problem with you." I shrugged. "You might have a problem now." She said making me raise a brow. "I'm leaving Georgia tomorrow. My mom and my dad are going through a divorce and my mom is making me go live with my grandparents in Virginia." She said making me raise a brow. "You're telling me this because of what?" I asked.

"I've been feeling sick lately. And I thought maybe it was some bug I caught but it wasn't." She said. She pulled a pregnancy test out her pocket.

It was positive.

"Nah, aint no way." I said laughing a little. "I'm pregnant Isaiah." She said. "Congratulations to you but that baby ain't mine." I said. "What makes you think that?"

"Because it ain't."

"Well you got Jessica pregnant, why is this so hard to believe?" She asked. "Because Jessica don't be running down on every nigga at the school. That could be anybody's baby but it's not mine." I scoffed. "Isaiah I promise you, I haven't been with anyone in a while." I said. "Mariah, that ain't my fucking baby end of discussion. It's late, I'm going to bed." I got up leaving her outside. I know me and Mariah had that thing going on but I know for a fact I never nutted in that bitch.

At least I hope not.

~Jessica POV

"You're here. At my house. Again." I said approaching my front door seeing Joshua on the step. "Yeah well I knew you were out doing your thing and I didn't want to wake your parents so I just waited." He said. "Well it's late so whatever you're doing here can wait." I said trying to walk past him but he grabbed my arm. "Sit. Please."

"You got five minutes." I sighed sitting down.

"You know, me being away from you that long you'd think I would've forgotten about you." He said. "But I never did. You crossed my mind a lot. Id see you on social media and just start reminiscing on everything we had." He said. "Joshua I-" He cut me off. "I thought me being here this weekend, we would've hooked up and that would've been it." He said. "I'm not sure where you thought you were going to get with this conversation, but you're not doing too well."

"I don't think I ever lost feeling for you Jess." He said grabbing my hand. "And I never really realized that until last night." He said. "Joshua you're supposed to be leaving tomorrow. There's no point of you even telling me this."

"I'm not leaving. I have a couple more bookings to handle here for the next few weeks. I figured while I was here, we could start over. Become friends again, maybe even more." He said. "Joshua I don't want to start anything like that right now. You know, after whatever I had with Isaiah, I felt like it's just better for me to focus on myself."

"But I'm not Isaiah. I know what I want, and that's you." He said. There was a silence between us. "I don't want to get my heartbroken." I said. "And you won't."

He leaned in kissing me.

**Next Day**

"Let's get this show on the road!" I said setting up at the park. "You're a little late this morning." Keaunte said looking at me. "I got caught up in some things." I said. "Oh you're smiling."Keaunte said sitting up. "What, I'm not smiling."

"Yes you are. It's a big fucking kool-aid smile on your face right now. Deja look at this shit." He said getting her attention. "Oh she is smiling." She said. "Can I not just be happy?" I asked.

"No." They said in sync.

"What do you think it is?" Keaunte asked looking at Deja. "Hmm, you high girl?" She asked. "She don't smoke that can't be it." He said. "My smiling has nothing to do with drugs."

"Oohhh I know what it is! You and Isaiah had a little whoop de whoop last night huh?" Deja smirked. "No, this has nothing to do with Isaiah. Can you two just stop and get to work. Please and thank you." I said.

~Isaiah POV

"I got here as quick as I can." I said rushing into the hospital seeing Dre in the lobby. "What the fuck happened!" I yelled. "I-I don't fucking know. We were just talking a-and then her fucking monitor just started beeping." He said crying. A doctor soon approached us.

"Can you please tell me what happened."

"Gina's heart rate began to beat abnormally causing her shortness of breath." He said. "But she's okay right?" Dre asked. "She's alive and that's all we can ask for right now. Now what she just experienced are symptoms of her condition. But if she continues to have episodes like that, it'll continue to affect her heart and those five years will slowly start to decrease. We need to get her into surgery as soon as possible." He said.

"Are you open to do it tomorrow?" I asked. "Isaiah what the fuck we don't have the money yet." Dre said behind me. "My schedule is clear but if money is a problem t-" I cut him off. "It's not a problem. Let's get everything sorted out tomorrow morning. We'll be back." I said before walking off.

"Zay are you crazy?" Dre said following behind me but I didn't answer. "We only have sixteen thousand out of forty fucking thousand. And we don't know if you're going to win that fight tonight." He said. "YOU JUST HEARD THAT YOUR FUCKING MOTHER IS ABOUT TO DIE!" I yelled. "I know how it feels to lose a parent. I lost both of mine." I said. "Zay your mom isn't dead."

"She might as well be. Auntie is the only parent figure I have left to look up to and I'm not letting nobody take that from me. Not you, not some fucking doctor, not no heart condition, nothing. I'm going out there tonight to get my twenty grand and I'll fight again to get the rest. Now either you in this shit with me, or I can do it on my own." I said. "You wouldn't rather be sitting here with her, this could be our last time seeing her."

"So you punking out? Got it." I said getting in my car. "If punking out means spending time with my moms then so be it." He said making me laugh a little.

"Guess I got to do this by myself."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋

Finna get real emotional🚶🏾‍♀️