forty - seven

~Isaiah POV

"Son I need you to listen."

"First off, stop calling me son. I already told you I don't fucking know you. And there's nothing that you can say to me that can make me want to listen to you. You and your loose screwed ass baby mama can kiss my ass." I said about to walk upstairs.

"It was her fault." He said stopping me in my tracks. "It was your mother's fault that I faked my death." He said making me raise a brow. "How is it her fault?" I asked. "That's what I came here to tell you but you won't sit down and listen to me."

"Fine."

I walked into the living room and sat down on the couch as he shortly followed after me. "Talk, now is your time to talk."

"When  your mother and I first met she was a freshman in college and I was a Junior. Was a welcome back party on campus one night, the entire school was there. I made eye contact with her for the first time and I couldn't keep my eyes off her. Then a fight broke out that night. People were shooting and running everywhere. I grabbed my opportunity to talk to her and helped her get back to her dorm safely. Exchanged numbers and I left."

"Not really sure how yall love story is going to help me understand." I scoffed. "Isaiah just listen. After that night we talked. I took her out one night and we were having a good time. Until I spotted this car, black truck. It maybe passed the restaurant that we were in about three times. I told your mom that it was time to go, she wasn't even finished eating. She didn't know who I was or what I did. I explained it to her. She stopped talking to me for weeks but one day I seen her again and we clicked. She told me she would only be with me if I stopped living the life I lived."

"Well that was obvious that you didn't."

"Not to her. I was able to hide that shit until two months before your eighth birthday. She found out. We got into a huge argument about how I need to leave the business but it was the only way I was making money. Said I didn't care about the safety of our son. I knew you wouldn't take me and your mother being apart. So she came up with the plan of me faking my death. Said everyone would believe it and you two would be safe. And that's all I cared about, the safety of my family." He said finishing his story.

"So was mom getting addicted to drugs and abusing me all apart of her plan too?" I asked. "I don't know where that came from okay. Maybe everything just got a little too overwhelming for her being a single parent and all."

"So call the fucking plan off! You don't beat your fucking child because you messed up on a horrible plan that you created! I am traumatized! I haven't been happy since then all because of this bullshit ass plan. How could you do some shit like that?" I scoffed. "Son, what can I do to make this better?" He asked grabbing my shoulder.

"You and your twisted ass baby mom can stay the fuck away from me. Forever."

**Two Months Later**

"I'm ready to drop out." Keaunte said sitting on my couch. "The school year is almost over with bro, what you dropping out for?" I asked shaking my head. "What's the move this weekend gang? Ya boy off work." He said. "Whatever you on, don't matter to me." I shrugged. "I do need to slide by Dre house later though. He finally packing up my aunt stuff and I'm gone keep some of it." I said. "Ight well I ain't got shit to do, I'm gone go with you."

We got up getting in the car and drove off.

~Jessica POV

"So how'd you like that campus?" My mom asked as we got back in the car driving off. "It was okay. Still doesn't top the Tech Campus." I said. "You and this Tech school. You don't like any other school we've went to?" She asked. "I mean Kennesaw was okay. But it's Georgia Tech ma. You know how lucky I'll be if I get accepted there."