fifteen

Before I start, for any confusion, Jess' mom isn't dead. She was gone for two years in the military yall.😂

~Jessica POV

"What are you doing home Mom?" I asked. "Well I've been home for almost a week. I was waiting until this weekend to surprise you. That was until your father called me yesterday telling me that my seventeen year old daughter was pregnant. Then proceeded to tell me that you ran away from home." She said. "I didn't run away from home I just slept somewhere else last night."

"Without my permission." My dad said chiming in. "Where did you go last night?"

I didn't know how I wanted to answer this. Did I want to lie and say I was with Mariah to save myself? Or did I want to piss off my dad and tell him where I really was? "Answer your father." My mom said. "I was with Isaiah last night. I slept over his house." I said. "You what! This is the disrespectful shit I've been telling you about baby." He said looking at my mom.

"He called me a hoe last night. Is that not disrespectful?" I asked. "He's the adult. You're the child." My mom said. "And that gives him the right to call me out of my name?"

"That doesn't matter Jess. You are pregnant. And your father tells me it's by some little street boy." She said making me laugh. "Do you think this is a joking matter?" My dad asked. "No you're the joke. I can't believe you right now." I scoffed. "Stop talking to your father like that."

"No. I don't get it. He calls Isaiah a thug all the time, and for what? Because he's black? Fucking news flash, we're all black. You know how it feels to be judged. So for you to sit here and judge him with no knowledge of who he really is just shows who you are as a person." I said. "Go to your room. Now." My dad said. "Can't handle the truth? You discriminate your own race dad and it's disgusting to even claim you as a father."

"Well it's disgusting to know my daughter is out here getting pregnant. You know how embarrassing it's going to be going to family functions?" He said. "You think that's embarrassing?" I said laughing a little. "None of my friends ever want to come over here because of you. Because of how you treat people as if you're better than everyone." I said.

"Enough you two!" My mom yelled out of irritation. "Jessica go to your room for a minute." She said. "Once again, I'm the one in trouble for telling the truth. I'm so over this." I said going upstairs. I closed my door and went into my bathroom. I felt tears forming but I wiped them away before this could turn into a breakdown. I pulled out my phone FaceTiming Isaiah.

"What." He said answering the phone.

"Are you home?"

"On the way there. Why?"

"I need to get out this house like now. Can I come over?" I asked.

"Yeah."

"Okay. I'll be there in l-" I was cut off by the sound of knocking on my bedroom door.

"Let me call you back."

"Ight."

I hung up the phone going out to open my bedroom door. It was my mom.

"Yes." I said. "I wanted to check on you." She said walking in. "Really? Sounded like you hated me just a few minutes ago." I said. "You were right downstairs, for the most part. About the whole race thing." She said as we sat on my bed. "Your father is quick to assume about people and I've known that for years." She said. "Mom, he literally called Isaiah a thug on the first day they met. Do you know how embarrassing that is." I said.

"I know and I understand. Which is why I got your father to agree on meeting him." She said making me raise a brow. "Meeting him? Dad's already met him." I said. "A proper meeting. You know, with his parents there. I'll cook something and you tell him to come over with his parents. Okay?" She said. "Uh, okay."

I've learned from telling Isaiah's business and I didn't want to just blurt out his past.

~Isaiah POV

My show was interrupted by my doorbell ringing. I got up opening it seeing Jessica. "My parents think I'm at the school for a club meeting about homecoming" She said walking in. "Okay?" I said confused. "Are you doing anything tomorrow night?" She asked. "When am I ever doing something." I said sitting on the couch. "Good, my mom wants to meet you." She said. "Meeting the mom? That's a big step." I said laughing a little but she didn't crack a smile.

"Oh you're serious."

"Yes I'm serious Isaiah. My mom came home and she knows that I'm pregnant and after a lot of arguing, she wants to do a proper meeting with you and your parents but I didn't tell her about your situation with your parents because you know last time I said something we k-" I cut her off. "The point Jessica. Get to the point." I sighed.

"Tomorrow night she wants to meet you with your parents."

"Okay. That's all you had to say." I said. "But you don't, ya know, have parents." She said making me laugh a little. "Really? Didn't notice. I can just bring my auntie." I shrugged. "Well you need to know a few tips. First, turn the nonchalant thing off, she's a military mom, she will kick your ass." She said. "Second, play nice with my dad. I know your past experience with him but, let's not bring that up."

"Lastly, if she acts if you play sports, because trust me, she's going to ask, say you play basketball or something. You are not a fighter, got it?" She asked. "Got it. Anything else?"

"Pray, because ain't no telling what's bound to happen."

**Next Day**

~Third Person POV

Isaiah and his Auntie pulled up to Jessica's house approaching the door. "I'm a little nervous. This is your first time ever introducing me to a girlfriend's family." His aunt said. "For the last time, Jessica isn't my girlfriend. She's just a friend." Isaiah said. "Mmmhhmm. Sure she ain't." They rung the doorbell and Jessica father opened the door. "Good to see you again Isaiah." Jessica's father smiled holding his hand out. "Yeah." Isaiah said walking past him.

"Isaiah be nice." His Auntie whispered. "That was me being nice."

They followed Jessica's father into the kitchen where Jessica and her mother were. "Well hello! Welcome!" Jessica mother's said. "Hello. I'm Gina." Isaiah's aunt said shaking Jessica's mom hand. "I'm Clara." She smiled. "And you must be Isaiah." Clara said looking at Isaiah. "Nice to meet you."

"Likewise."

"Well we've got a big helping here so let's dig in."

They all gathered at the table and began eating. "So Isaiah, what do you do at the school? Are you in any clubs, play any type of sports?" Clara asked making Isaiah and Jessica look at each other. "Nope. I have my own after school activities." He said. "Oh like what?"

"Fighting."

"Fighting?"

"Yeah. It's a way for me to release my anger, ya know." He said making Clara raise a brow. "You shouldn't have so much anger built up at the age of seventeen?" Clara said. "I'm eighteen." He said correcting her. "Oh so that means you're an adult now. Do you know your plans for the future, what you want to do in life?" She asked.

"Not sure yet. Something that has to do with designing." He said. "Like clothes? That doesn't rea-" Isaiah cut her off. "No like buildings. An Architect, something in that area." He said. "Well I have some Architect friends that could help you." Jessica's dad said chiming in. "I don't need help. Thanks for the offer."

"Well that's a good path to go down. You're going to need money to provide for this little family you've started." She said making Isaiah's auntie look up. "I'm sorry, what did you mean by little family?"

"You don't know?"

Had Isaiah told his Auntie that Jessica was pregnant with his baby? Nope. But she sure is about to find out now.

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋