thirty - six

~Isaiah POV

"You seen Jessica?" I asked approaching Brent. "Somewhere." He said with slurred words. He was obviously drunk. "Thanks for the help." I said sarcastically. I walked around until I found Jessica sitting on the steps. "There you are." I said approaching her.

"Here I ammmm." She sung out. "You good?" I asked raising a brow. "Bitch I'm great. Bitch I'm good." She said doing a little dance. "What you been drinking?"

"Baby, everything."

"Ight come on. It's almost two a.m. and we got school
in the morning." I said. "The party is just getting started." She said as I grabbed her off the steps. "Jess almost everybody is gone. You know the party over when Keaunte leave. I need to get you home." I said. "Fine. Let's go homeee." She said. We walked to my car and I got her inside.

"I don't want to go home. It's boring there." She said. "Well where do you want to go?" I asked pulling off. "Back to your house."

"My house is just as boring."

"Fine. Let's go to my boring house. But turn up the music!" She yelled turning up the volume on the radio.

**

I pulled up to her house. "Jess." I said tapping her leg noticing that she was sleep. "Hmm."

"Come on. We here." I said. She grabbed her purse and I could tell she was still drunk. "You need help?" I asked as she stumbled out the car. "No, no. I got it." She said. I watched as she fumbled with her keys at the front door. "Should've never let her drink." I sighed. I turned off my car getting out.

"Come on give me the keys." I said approaching her. "I told you I got it."

"Clearly you don't." I said opening the door. "Oh wow such a gentleman." She said. "You mad loud." I said laughing a little bit. As we were walking upstairs she could barely stand on her own. "Ight sit down." I said as we got to her bed. "You don't want to sit with meee." She said grabbing my hands. "No, you need to go to sleep. Yo ass gone wake up with the biggest headache ever." I said shaking my head.

"I need a shower."

"You can barely stand. I don't think you can shower right now. Just take one in the morning." I said. "Come on, lay down." I said pulling her covers back. "Okay, okay. I'll go to sleep." I said. I grabbed the trash can out the corner putting it next to her bed. "Goodnight." I said turning the light off. "Goodnigghhtt!" She sung out.

I found my way out the house and sat in my car thinking.

**Next Day**

"Alright class, break off into your groups and finish your assignment." The teacher said. "What we bout to do this project on?" Keaunte asked me but I didn't answer. "Yo." He said nudging my arm. "What we finna do this project on?" He asked.

"You seen Jessica this morning?" I asked looking over at her empty seat. "I definitely don't want to do our project on Jessica." He said sarcastically. "Nah I haven't seen her."

"I can't stop thinking about her." I said. "No offense, but I really don't want to hear you getting googlyed eyed bout your shorty right now." He said. "I'm not talking bout like that. I'm talking bout last night. And how fucked up she was." I said. "She was probably drunk. Shit, I know I was."

"That's the thing. I think it's more than that." I said. "What you mean by that?"

"I've seen Jessica drunk and she's never acted like that before. She couldn't stay awake in the car, she couldn't walk up the stairs. I mean, Keaunte she could barely walk to her front door. And when she was awake her eyes were fucking huge and so were her pupils. The only other person I've ever seen act and look like that is my mother." I said. "So what you trying to say?" Keaunte asked raising a brow.