nineteen

~Jessica POV

"Mariah tell us what happened?" Brent said. "We were in the gym. And um, Ronnie caught us trying to leave. And um, I was trying to calm Ronnie down and he started shooting." She said. I ran into the school going into the gym. "Hey get her out of here!" One of the officers said. I looked behind him seeing Isaiah on the floor. "Is he okay?" I asked. "Ma'am you have to get out of here." He said grabbing me. "Don't touch me! Is he okay!" I yelled. "We can talk about that outside. Let's go." He said.

I followed him out of the gym to the hallway. "Is he dead?" I asked with tears in my eyes. "He's hanging on alright. The ambulance has just arrived, we're going to get him to a hospital." He said. "I'm going with him." I said. "Woah, woah. Only family can ride in the back of ambulances. Are you family?" He asked. "No, but we-" He cut me off. "The you can't ride in the back."

"I'm pregnant. With his baby. Doesn't that count for something?"

"You're going to get me in trouble kid. Let's go." He said. As the paramedics ran in with a stretcher and got Isaiah on top of it, I followed behind them getting in the back of the truck. His eyes were closed. "Is he breathing? Is he still alive?" I asked. "He has a pulse, okay. It's there but it's weak." She said.

**

We pulled up to the hospital and they ran Isaiah in.

"Ma'am I'm sorry but this is as far as you can come. You can wait in the lobby."

~Isaiah POV

"I'm about to teach you the game of life son." My dad said to me as we sat on the park bench. "You know what it means to die, right?" He asked me. "Yeah. That's when you go to heaven with God." I said. "You've got an idea." He said laughing a little. "To die, means to stop living. There's no more life left in you. Your story has reached it's final chapter. Now the key word to that is living. Which is why, you live as much as you can when you're here." He said. "Dad, why are you telling me this."

"Because I want to prepare you. You're only nine so you still got time to be coached through all of this. But there's no telling how long me or your mother will be around and I want to make sure you're prepared. I want to make sure you're prepared to live. And as dark as it sounds, I want to make sure you're prepared to die."

"How do you prepare yourself to die?"

"You live your life to the fullest. You make a name for yourself. You succeed. You make sure you leave your mark on this earth before you can't anymore. Now dying isn't something you should be scared of because you know its bound to come one day. So don't be scared of something that happens to everyone. You're a smart kid, so I know you'll be around long enou-" He stopped talking.

"Dad? You were saying?"

"HE'S CODING!"

"Dad what are you talking about?"

"I NEED SOME HELP IN HERE NOW!"

~Third Person POV

"Grab the defibrillator!" The nurse said. "Charging to 200." She pressed it against his chest.

"Clear!"

Nothing.

"Charging to 300."

"Clear!"

Nothing.

~Jessica POV

"There was traffic, I tried to get here as soon as I could. What's going on?" Isaiah's auntie said approaching us. After sitting in the waiting room for an hour, Mariah and Brent were sitting here with me as well. We don't know yet, he's still in surgery." I said. "Oh Gosh. Please let my baby be okay." She said sitting down.

Tale of Two Hoods (Completed)जहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें