twelve

~Isaiah POV

"What's she doing here?" I asked looking at my auntie. "I was released this weekend. I was wait-" I cut her off. "I didn't ask you, I asked her. Why is she here?"

"She wanted to see you Isaiah. She wanted to have a nice, calm dinner with her son." She said. "But I don't want to see her." I scoffed. "Let me talk to you for a second." My auntie said pulling me into the kitchen.

"Not tonight Isaiah, please." She sighed. "What do you mean not tonight? You shouldn't have brought her here in the first place." I said. "She wanted to see her son. Its been four years."

"And I wanted to keep the years counting."

"Listen, let's just get through tonight okay. Please." She said. "Fine. I'm just going to go upstairs for a second. Mentally prepare myself for this." I said. I walked upstairs sitting on my bed. There was a knock on my door.

"You okay?" Jessica said walking in. "I can't even tell you the answer to that." I sighed. "Well I hope everything goes well. I'm just going to go home and give you all your space."

"What? No."

"You don't want me to leave?"

"For the love of God Jessica do not fucking leave me here with her. I can not go through this dinner alone." I said grabbing her hand. "Okay, Okay. I'll stay."

~Third Person POV

Isaiah and Jessica walked into the kitchen sitting next to each other at the table. "So, what is your name honey." His mom asked looking at Jessica.

"Jessica." She said. "Well nice to meet you Jessica, I'm Jennifer." She smiled. "So are you Isaiah's girlfriend?" Jennifer asked. "Um no, we're just friends." Jessica said with a small smile. She looked over at Isaiah who was unenthused by this entire conversation.

"So son, how have you been?" Jennifer asked now looking at Isaiah. "I've been fine." He simply said. "You still as smart as you used to be?" She asked. "Am I not supposed to be? What, you think you beat the smart out of me or something?"

"Isaiah she didn't mean no harm." His auntie said chiming in. "My apologies. Yes mom, I'm still smart." Isaiah said sarcastically. "They treating you right at that school?"

"Why do you care? I still don't even know why you in my house." He scoffed. "This is still my house. My name is under it." She said. "No, my father's name is under it."

"Well your father isn't here anymore."

"Yeah because you killed him."

"That's enough." His auntie said. "Isaiah stop it."

"I did not kill your father. Your father was killed in a car accident and you know that." Jennifer said. "Really ma, and why the fuck was he in the car huh? Do you remember that? He was in the car speeding looking for you because he got a phone call about his wife roaming the streets strung out on fucking drugs." I said. "Can you not do this in front of your company."

"What? She already knows what the fuck you did to me. There's no need to hide how fucking sick you are." Isaiah scoffed. "I'm not like that anymore. I got clean."

"You got clean?" Isaiah said laughing a little. "You really think you're clean?" He said getting up walking to the cabinet. "Let's see, we still got all your favorites in here, never threw it away. Got some pain killers." He said pulling out a pill bottle. "What is this, oxy?"

"Oh wait, is this a perc. I know those were your favorite. How about you get a taste." He said approaching his mother with the pills. "Isaiah calm down." Jessica said chiming in seeing how angry be was getting.

"I don't do that anymore Isaiah."

"You know, I really wish I knew you were coming. I would have gotten you a nice big bottle of Vodka for the occasion. I know you used to love that." He said laughing a little. "Isaiah baby I am sorry for what I did to you. Being honest I don't even remember half the stuff that happened."

"Well let me fucking remind you. Because if I have to live with it everyday, so do you." He took off his shirt. "You see these burns mama. YOU DID THAT!" He yelled. "You put out every single fucking cigarette on my body. You see this scratch on my side? Yeah, you did that when you cut me with broken glass. Or this here in my neck. When you took the hardest object you could find and beat me because you couldn't get high. DO YOU REMEMBER NOW MAMA!" He yelled.

Tears were rolling down both of their faces. "I've changed Isaiah. I would never do anything like that to my son." Jennifer said wiping her tears. "I aint your fucking son. I never was and I never will be."

"Jessica baby I think you should go." Isaiah's auntie said. "No, Jessica you stay. Y'all other two can get the fuck up out of MY house. I don't ever want to see y'all faces again." He walked off going upstairs.

~Jessica POV

That was a lot to take in. After his mom and auntie left, I went upstairs to check on him. "They're gone now." I said sitting on his bed. "I'm sorry you had to see that. I didn't expect to do that much talking tonight." He said. "It's okay. I know how it feels." I said shaking my head.

"What'd you say?" He said raising a brow. "I know how it feels to have parents like that." I shrugged. "Oh you think you know how it feels. You got a mom who burned you with cigarettes too?" He asked. "No, Isaiah thats not what I meant."

"You have a mom that used to wake you up in the morning for school by pouring liquor all over you?" He asked. "No Is-" He cut me off. "Or did you have a mom that beat you because you were crying over the death of your father. Oh wait, your father is alive." He said.

"Isaiah you know that's not what I meant."

"Let me break something down to you Jessica. Just because you're some privileged ass girl who doesn't get her way when daddy says no, don't make me and you the same. You got two loving ass parents with nothing to worry about, don't every compare my struggles to yours." He said.

"I'm not trying to compare struggles with you Isaiah. But do you remember what you said when we first spoke. You said stop fucking assuming shit about me when you dont know me. Maybe you should take your own damn advice because everything isn't always what it seems." I said grabbing my bag.

"I'm going home."

**Three Weeks Later**

It's been two weeks since me and Isaiah have spoken. After that whole situation with his aunt and mom, I just felt like he needed his space. I was sitting in my bed with my headphones in when my dad walked into my room.

"You're not at school today. Why is that?" He asked. "Stomach flu came for its yearly visit." I sighed making him shake his head. "I'm going to have to get you to a doctor. Figure out why you always get these stomach flu's every year." He said.

"Yes please. These are the worst." I said. "Alright well just call me if you need anything, I'm off to work. Probably won't be home until later." He said. "Okay."

Yes, I get the same stomach flu every year and I have no idea why. They're THE.FUCKING.WORST.

**Later That Day**

Since I was at home all day, I decided to clean up. I started in my bathroom organizing all of my lady products, throwing away the things I don't use. I came across a box of tampons.

Wait.

I pulled out my phone checking the date. It's the middle of September. My period usually comes in the middle of the month but I haven't gotten it yet.

Wait. Wait. Wait. Don't tell me this right now. I double checked my thoughts before spiraling out. Me and Isaiah had sex a month ago. God, please don't do this to me. Not right now.

Could I be pregnant?

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋