thirty - five

**Two Weeks Later**

~Jessica POV

"It feels so weird going back into the building." I said to my parents at the breakfast table. "I'm still hesitant to even let you go back. Are you sure you don't want to just stay home?" My dad asked. "Dad I'll be fine. And it's almost eight o'clock so I need to be heading out before I'm late. Love you see you later." I said walking out.

"Thanks for the ride." I said getting in Isaiah's car. "No problem." He said pulling off.

**

"Didn't expect to see so many people back." I said as we pulled into the school. I looked over at Isaiah who wasn't saying anything. "Are you sure you're good to come back? You know, after what happened?" I asked. "Yeah, I'm straight. Come on." He said getting out the car. We walked into the school approaching Keaunte at his locker.

"There go my two lovers." He smiled closing his locker. "Y'all missed the announcement, they hosting some big assembly in like twenty minutes." He said. "Something that I don't want to sit and listen to." Isaiah scoffed.

"Trynna ditch?"

"No he's not." I said. "Girlfriend got you on lock?" Keaunte asked. "You're not ditching either. You'll be fine." I said before walking off. "Long time no see." Brent said walking up beside me. "We've been out of school for almost a month, what'd you except." I said.

"I don't know. Thought you, me, and Mariah would hang like we always do on breaks." He shrugged. "First off, you should know Mariah and I aren't cool."

"Is it because she's pregnant?" He asked making me look at him. "Pregnant? Since when was she pregnant?" I asked. "She told me a while back before she moved. She didn't tell you?"

"No she didn't tell me." I said. My mind started to wander remembering what her and Isaiah had. "Did she ever say who the baby daddy was?" I asked. "Nope. She told almost half the school so somebody's bound to know." He shrugged. "I'll catch you later though." He said walking off.

God don't tell me Mariah's is pregnant with Isaiah's baby.

~Isaiah POV

"Please come in and have a seat students. We'll be started in a minute." The principal said on the stage of the auditorium. Me and Keaunte found Jessica sitting in the back and sat down. When I reached to put my arm around her, she moved out the way. Before I could even ask what was wrong, the principal started speaking.

"I would like to start with a welcome back to the students." He said. "But a big welcome back to Mr. Isaiah Washington after recovering." He smiled. "I've called this assembly to discuss the new safety precautions that the school will be taking. Starting tomorrow we will be enforcing metal detectors in front of every door. If the detectors go off, you will be pulled to the side for a search by one of the security guards. No big bags are allowed in classrooms. Anything bigger than a purse will be confiscated."

I could feel myself falling asleep.

**

"Get up nigga." I felt my arm being pushed. "Damn it's over?" I asked looking at Keaunte. "Yeah you slept through the whole shit." He scoffed. "Where'd Jessica go?" I asked as we got up leaving the auditorium. "She left mid assembly to go to the bathroom and never came back." He shrugged.

Once we got in the hallway I was looking around for her and I saw her at the locker. "Now how you gone say we can't skip the assembly then you go missing." I said approaching her. She just shrugged. "What's your problem?" I asked raising a brow.

"Nothing." She said trying to walk away but I got in front of her. "You was just good when we got to school. The hell changed your mood so fast?" I scoffed. "We're going to be late for first period." She said walking off as the bell rung.