thirty - two

*One Week Later*

~Third Person POV

"Ms. Gina was like the mom of the hood. You could come to her about literally anything and she would always listen. She was like my second mom, and it's so hard to see her go." Keaunte said standing on the altar. After giving his speech Isaiah, Dre, Keaunte and three other guys carried the casket out to the limo.

**

After a short silent ride to the grave sight, they brought the casket out as everyone sat down. "Can I say something?" Deja said getting up. "I've known Ms. Gina for a long time. She took me in when things got rough with my family and wasted no time with treating me like her own daughter. She treated the whole hood like that. And if you know how the hood get down then you know we celebrate at funerals. We celebrate the life she lived and all the people that were in it." She said.

Looking over at the crowd you could see the mood change a little. People were wiping their tears. They got up putting the roses on the casket preparing for it to be lowered down. Jessica looked over at Isaiah who was trying to hold back his tears. She grabbed his hand as the tears started falling.

It's going to be a rough day.

~Isaiah POV

"You think I could hold the wake at your house. A lot of people from Kirkwood want to come." Dre said approaching me as I sat across from my Aunts grave. "Yeah whatever." I said looking at my aunts casket. "Everybody left already Zay, we got to head out to get the food and stuff for the wake." He said.

"You go do it. I'm not leaving. Not right now." I said. "Alright. Just call me when you're on the way back." He said leaving. I grabbed the flower off my chair that I have yet to put down with her. I stood over her casket as tears fell from my eyes. "I remember the first time I got in trouble with you." I said shaking my head. "I got kicked out of Mays and you was on my ass. You punched the shit out my chest. Then you came in the room an hour later trying to be all nice to me." I said laughing.

"I was a hothead. Shit, I still am. But you always knew what to do. You always knew what to say to make things better. I don't know what I'm going to do now. There's nobody here for me to talk to the way that I talked to you. I can't express myself how I expressed myself to you." I dropped the rose on her casket wiping my tears.

"I promise, I will do everything I told you I would do. I'm going to make you proud Auntie. I'll see you soon."

~Jessica POV

"He just gave you the key to his house?" I asked Dre as we walked up and down the aisles of Walmart. "Technically no. My mom had a key." He said. "Did he seem okay? When you left him?" I asked. "He seemed okay. But then again everything isn't what it seems."

"Alright so I got the chicken and the hamburgers and shit." Keaunte said approaching us with Deja. We were all at the store getting food for later. "My uncle on the way to Zay house now to start cooking so we need to get going." Deja said. "Looks like we got everything. Let's go."

After paying for everything, we got in the car going back to Isaiah's house.

**

When we pulled up, his car still wasn't outside.

Sent : Hey, we're back at your place. Where are you?
Delivered : 2:17 p.m

"Anybody heard from Isaiah?" I asked. "I FaceTimed him while we was at the store. He deadass didn't say shit. He just listened then hung up." Keaunte said. "I wish there was something more I could do to make him feel better." I said. "He won't ever feel better. His Auntie was his last resort and now she's gone too." Deja said.

We got all the food into the house and people started showing up.

A few minutes later and Isaiah walked into the house. All eyes were on him. People were walking up to him giving their condolences. "How you feeling?" I asked as he sat on the couch where me, Deja, Keaunte, and Dre were. "Better than ever." He said sarcastically. "I'm going upstairs. Don't let these people fuck up my shit." He said walking off. "At least he's somewhere we know now." Deja said. "Jessica let me holla at you for a second." Keaunte said. I got up following him out to the bathroom.

"What is it?"

"I've been meaning to talk to you about what happened that day at the hotel." He said making me sigh. "Keaunte I told you, it was nothing." I said. "He tried to rape you. That's something and we can't just ignore it." I said. "If we retaliate it's just going to cause more problems and I don't want that." I said. "But if we ignore it then he'll think it's okay. We need to do something."

"Okay so I'll talk to the cops." I shrugged. "No, fuck that. No cops, let us handle it." He said. "Who is us?"

"Me and Isaiah."

"No, you don't tell Isaiah anything, you understand me. I don't need him to know anything about this. He's grieving the death of his aunt. I don't need to add my problem's onto his." I said. "Jessica j-" I cut him off. "No. Leave it alone." I said before walking out.

**Later That Night**

I walked up to Isaiah's room that he never came out of. "Hey, pretty much everybody else is gone. Deja and Keaunte are sleep on the couch though." I said walking inside. He was sitting in a chair wit his head back and his eyes closed. "You doing better?" I asked still not getting an answer. "Can you at least look at me and let me know you hear me." I scoffed. He looked at me before closing his eyes again. "Can you say something to me Isaiah, I just want to make sure you're okay."

"Close the door on yo way out." He said.

I started to leave but then I stopped.

"No." I said sitting on his bed. I could sense him getting annoyed with my presence but I didn't care.

We were sitting in the room full of silence for about twenty minutes before he finally said something.

"You didn't leave me." He said making my head pop up. "What you mean?" I asked. "When we first met I told you I hated getting close to people because they either die or leave me. You didn't leave me." He said. "I'm still confused with that myself." I said laughing a little. "I don't know what to do anymore." He said. "Everything I was doing was to make her proud you know. I stayed in school so she could see me walk across the stage."

"Just because she isn't here physically doesn't mean you still can't make her proud." I said. "It won't be the same."

"Yes it will. You're just thinking about it the wrong way. You know how much your Auntie loved you. She's still here. She's watching over you making sure you keep your shit straight and still make her proud. You just have to put that in your head." I said. "I never personally thanked you." He said. "For what?"

"For trying to help me. Starting that fundraiser. You didn't have to do that but you did." He said. "That's no problem."

"I think I just need to get some rest." He said standing up. "What's that on your shirt?" I asked looking at his collar. "My nose was bleeding earlier. I was hot." He said. "Are you sure it's just that?" I asked as he started coughing. "Yes, it's just that." He said still coughing.

"Do you need some water or something?" I asked getting up. "Nah, I'm good I promise." He said sitting back down on the bed. He started coughing again but this time, he started coughing up blood.

"Isaiah that's not normal."

The blood kept coming out of his mouth as he fell to the floor. "Isaiah!" I yelled. I ran downstairs grabbing the phone.

"911 what is your emergency."

MAKE SURE TO VOTE ⭐️
MAKE SURE TO COMMENT 💬
MAKE SURE TO ADD TO YOUR LIBRARY 📚

~ashkash2 💋